yconic - Waterloo AIF
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AIF

A photo of Willimaru Willimaru
I applied to Mechatronic Engineering, but my friend applied to Software Engineering. When we compared AIFs, his was 5 pgs and mine was 4. The only difference is that his had a reference/contest page. Am i missing a page? O.o Even though we are both in engineering, why are they different?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
On one hand, that makes sense because SE is under Math, and all applicants to Faculty of Math have to do the reference page with contests and such.

On the other hand... WHHAAAAATTTT? I applied to SE and did NOT have that page...

*Edit: No Engineering applicants have that page, unless you've also applied to a Math program. Your friend probably applied to an additional math program as well (eg. Computer Science). I just talked to admissions today :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@Willimaru wrote
I applied to Mechatronic Engineering, but my friend applied to Software Engineering. When we compared AIFs, his was 5 pgs and mine was 4. The only difference is that his had a reference/contest page. Am i missing a page? O.o Even though we are both in engineering, why are they different?

Software Engineering is a cross faculty program, administered jointly by the Faculty of Math and the Faculty of Engineering. That extra page with contests and the like is a math-only thing. You didn't miss anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0