yconic - Waterloo AIF
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AIF

A photo of xCooLx xCooLx
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding one of the AIF questions.

Discuss a book or a written article that you particularly enjoyed or that has had an impact on you. Preferably choose a book or article that was not part of a course at school.

What exactly do you have to talk about here. Do you focus more on the reason why you enjoyed it or why it had an impact on you. What kinds of things do you discuss about. Is it more like a summary of the book in your own words?

Thankyou
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac
Explain why you enjoyed it and how it had an impact. I don't think you need to summarize the book; maybe you could spend a sentence briefly mentioning the subject. I think they just want to know more about another side of you by asking this question... there isn't really a right or wrong answer.

I didn't do my waterloo AIF yet, but I answered a question like this for another application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ForeverPi ForeverPi
Definitely DON'T write a summary of the book. Waterloo's looking for how you write and think.

you can talk about something you've learned from the book or how a character connects with your own life. Don't just say like you found the story interesting to read.
Was this helpful? Yes 0