yconic - Waterloo application and summer school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo application and summer school?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I want to get in to the business and computer science program at Waterloo. I hear that they deduct 1% of your average for every summer school course you take (source). Do they take off 1% if the grade 12 summer school course I'm taking is *not* part of my top 6?

Also, say if I make the Canadian IOI team in my grade 12 year, does it help my university or scholarship applications? Note, IOI team is not announced until the middle of May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@codem wrote
I want to get in to the business and computer science program at Waterloo. I hear that they deduct 1% of your average for every summer school course you take (source). Do they take off 1% if the grade 12 summer school course I'mm taking is not part of my top 6?

Probably. I think your best bet for acceptance is to apply really early--we're talking as soon as applications are open. Early acceptance standards tend to be a bit less competitive.

@codem wrote
Also, say if I make the Canadian IOI team in my grade 12 year, does it help my university or scholarship applications?

Very yes! Especially for UW CS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@greygoose wrote

@codem wrote
Also, say if I make the Canadian IOI team in my grade 12 year, does it help my university or scholarship applications?

Very yes! Especially for UW CS.

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that the IOI team is not announced until middle of May, would that be too late?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@codem wrote

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that the IOI team is not announced until middle of May, would that be too late?

No idea. I just know that the IOI is regarded very highly here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0