yconic - Waterloo Architecture in Cambridge
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Architecture in Cambridge

A photo of Shaya Shaya
Hey, I am in the process of applying to the school of architecture in Cambridge, ON. I was just wondering if anyone else has applied there or if anyone knows much about the school. I am from out of province and don't know much about the school at all. Any info would help me out. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of guripop guripop

@Shaya wrote
Hey, I am in the process of applying to the school of architecture in Cambridge, ON. I was just wondering if anyone else has applied there or if anyone knows much about the school. I am from out of province and don't know much about the school at all. Any info would help me out. Thanks.

Hi there, I'm a first year student at the school of Architecture. This school of architecture is different from others because it's not part of the main campus for one. It's like a big family here. It's really intense though, it's a lot of work and many sleepless nights. Don't get me wrong though, it's tons of fun. It takes a lot of hard work to get in, you're going to have to get good marks and then mail in a video of yourself presenting your portfolio and you will also have to write a precis essay.
The hard work is well worth it though...
It's also different from other schools because it's a coop program. It will be 5 years, first year, one summer, and then you will have one term in school, one term coop. A lot of people choose to go use coop as an opportunity to travel and perhaps work abroad even.
Also, you might be able to earn a little bit of money which can help you pay for all the expenses of architecture school (it's pricey). Other than that, we also have a Rome program. Fourth year, one term is spent studying abroad in Rome (we have a campus there).

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
I was just wondering, does Waterloo Architecture have early adimission.

I know this might be a dumb noob question, but hey, I have a question and you guys can answer them :D

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Urnehpets wrote
I was just wondering, does Waterloo Architecture have early adimission.

I know this might be a dumb noob question, but hey, I have a question and you guys can answer them :D

Cheers.

Not a dumb question, but no, it doesn't. Once they go through all the AIF forms, they'll send of emails and letters to everyone informing them if they get an interview (these went out in mid-late March last year). The interviews this year are the week of April 18th-21st. After that, the conditional admission offers go out late April/early May. So you won't know until then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey Guripop, I was just wondering what kind of marks you got in highschool.
My marks are...ok, but everytime I read about someone who has already got into Cambridge I get scared that I won't make it when I apply. ROFL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Urnehpets wrote
My marks are...ok, but everytime I read about someone who has already got into Cambridge I get scared that I won't make it when I apply. ROFL

I had a 92 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@guripop wrote
I had a 92 average.

DAyum
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dardrid dardrid

@Urnehpets wrote

Cutoff is ~82-84%, but once you're asked for an interview, the marks are not really relevant and you're considered to be on the same level as everyone else who is being interviewed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ah, ok.
Was this helpful? Yes 0