yconic - Waterloo arts vs York U arts, higher GPA?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo arts vs York U arts, higher GPA?

A photo of mariacc mariacc
I am torn between these two, which one would be more difficult? I am looking to be a lawyer and am taking an undergrad degree in philosophy. My main goal is to maintain a high GPA so that I am eligible to get into law school.

WHERE DO I GO?!?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of aunix aunix
I would say york because they offer many more programs in the arts faculty. Therefore you have a greater variety of courses to take and succeed in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@mariacc wrote
I am torn between these two, which one would be more difficult? I am looking to be a lawyer and am taking an undergrad degree in philosophy. My main goal is to maintain a high GPA so that I am eligible to get into law school.

WHERE DO I GO?!?!

I think you'd be able to maintain the same GPA at both universities.

However, I'd highly recommend that you attend York for arts. My brother went to UW for arts and absolutely hated his time there. It's definitely a university that you go to if you're doing engineering or math and NOT arts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@Respects wrote
what did your brother find so difficult about doing Arts at Waterloo? I got accepted into their Arts & Business coop program.

-Terrible campus
-No school spirit
-Lousy reputation for arts
-Most of the funding goes to engineering/math
Was this helpful? Yes 0