yconic - Waterloo Campus
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Campus

A photo of WFerrell3 WFerrell3
How is the waterloo campus? Does it offer a good student life (ie. activities, girls, fitness center, etc) ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@WFerrell3 wrote
How is the waterloo campus? Does it offer a good student life (ie. activities, girls, fitness center, etc) ?

lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
Having seen many universities, mainly U of C, U of A, and UTSG, I don't get what the big deal is about the Waterloo campus is. It's absolutely gorgeous in the summer and fall.

The architecture is 60s, but... that's when it was built. I find the big MC rather magnificent rather than depressing. DC is just cheerful and E5 is about as ridiculous as something from Tron. Some of the old buildings have little creepy bits that add all sorts of flavor in exploring. I love the campus.

There are lots of clubs, though I am only a member of the academic ones (barring the Cheese club), and involvement tends to be quite strong, so there is plenty of opportunity to get involved. The athletic facilities are quite nice I believe--REV actually has its own gym. As for girls, there are plenty around in general, though when it gets to program specificity they can get more scarce.

And if the Waterloo girls are not your thing, there's always the high school down the street for women and partying... :)

(Just poking fun at Laurier, must stay true to the 'Loo-Laurier rivalry! :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WFerrell3 WFerrell3

@greygoose wrote
Having seen many universities, mainly U of C, U of A, and UTSG, I don't get what the big deal is about the Waterloo campus is. It's absolutely gorgeous in the summer and fall.

The architecture is 60s, but... that's when it was built. I find the big MC rather magnificent rather than depressing. DC is just cheerful and E5 is about as ridiculous as something from Tron. Some of the old buildings have little creepy bits that add all sorts of flavor in exploring. I love the campus.

There are lots of clubs, though I am only a member of the academic ones (barring the Cheese club), and involvement tends to be quite strong, so there is plenty of opportunity to get involved. The athletic facilities are quite nice I believe--REV actually has its own gym. As for girls, there are plenty around in general, though when it gets to program specificity they can get more scarce.

And if the Waterloo girls are not your thing, there's always the high school down the street for women and partying... :)

(Just poking fun at Laurier, must stay true to the 'Loo-Laurier rivalry! :P)

Thanks for the input!!! are there good parties on rez at waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
LOL there are actually clubs? lawl
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@WFerrell3 wrote
Thanks for the input!!! are there good parties on rez at waterloo?

I dunno. I never attended any parties on campus. My floormates seemed to enjoy themselves :P

@iRamie wrote
LOL there are actually clubs? lawl

It's a university town, of course. I won't speak to the quality of them, though. They can do that for themselves.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Some of the buildings are old, but they have some really involved clubs and theres a lot of great people there. There are some good looking girls as well. My friend got a girlfriend there within the first month and she's probably a 7 (5 being average). Parties can be good, theres a lot of great bars, and its a great opportunity to meet some Laurier girls. The Bomber (pub at UW) has some great live events as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0