yconic - Waterloo Civil Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Civil Engineering

A photo of Azn66 Azn66
Hey everyone, I'm helping my friend ask something. He applied to waterloo's civil engineering course but he hasn't heard back yet. Has anyone heard back yet?

His average is at 85%, he takes IB with a predicted of 36/45, but he doesn't have any EC's?

What are his chances?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Haru Haru
That's borderline. Esp without ECs....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LXY LXY

@Azn66 wrote
Hey everyone, I'm helping my friend ask something. He applied to waterloo's civil engineering course but he hasn't heard back yet. Has anyone heard back yet?

His average is at 85%, he takes IB with a predicted of 36/45, but he doesn't have any EC's?

What are his chances?

Thanks!

How is his average 85 with a predicted of 36? That should be high 80s or 90.
Also, if he is IB, he has to have ECs(or maybe he didn't write them down on the AIF?). Cause you need ECs for CAS....

I'd say he has a good chance, but only if you exaggerated his amount of ECs...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Beejeong Beejeong
i havent heard from them yet either ..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@Azn66 wrote

What are his chances?

Thanks!

No ECS at all? :O He has a pretty slim chance then IMO
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Azn66 Azn66
Hey guys, yeah he's at a predicted 36, but his averages only 85. I think it's because their school doesn't pull their OSSD marks up. They only pull it for mock exams taken in IB style, the rest is still in OSSD style. I feel sorry for him taking into account the hardship of IB.

I asked him about his ec's, he said he had ec's but didn't include them in his aif.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
UW's EC requirements are bullshit. They place way too much emphasis on it.

The censors are funny.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted