yconic - Waterloo Computation and Financial Management
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Computation and Financial Management

A photo of LXY LXY
Hey guys,
did anyone apply for CFM at waterloo? I am seriously considering this program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
ALMOST applied to this program - it seems like a very good idea, just not well put together. You don't take certain core upper year CS courses that CS majors will take. It almost seems like you become a jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.

With that being said, it definitely can give you the tools to become potentially very successful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
i did!

of course being a part of 2 faculties, there are some courses you won't be able to take that other cs/afm majors do in upper years, but you really do get the best of both worlds. personally i think cfm is a great program, combines finance/accounting and cs together. in a way you know you're going to be in demand because you know both fields. and after cfm, if you're thinking finance/accounting is more the kind of thing for you, then specialize there and vise versa with cs. cfm lets you get a taste of both fields before choosing you're favourite. might be a little disoriented in terms of organization because it's pulling you in two different directions, but that's what's going to make you stand out. GL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
CFM has already given out some acceptances, I think they will give a round soon - good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LXY LXY
Hey guys, did anyone already get the package in the mail? I got accepted on Quest and OUAC two weeks ago, but never got a physical offer(mind you, the fact that I've gotten meant for four different houses(none of them mine) this week might be a factor).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@LXY wrote
Hey guys, did anyone already get the package in the mail? I got accepted on Quest and OUAC two weeks ago, but never got a physical offer(mind you, the fact that I've gotten meant for four different houses(none of them mine) this week might be a factor).

yea. i got the package for cfm a while ago. i think early february and got the package 2 weeks later (late feb??). it depends on where you live.

"mind you, the fact that I've gotten meant for four different houses(none of them mine) this week might be a factor"
-huh? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LXY LXY
*mail!, not "meant," I meant to say "mail." lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LXY LXY
Is anyone actually considering going INTO the program though? not just as a backup for DD or anything else?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of LXY LXY
Just got the package in the mail(after 3 weeks lol). Isn't the little CFM card amazing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@LXY wrote
Just got the package in the mail(after 3 weeks lol). Isn't the little CFM card amazing?

+1 YES!

I'm a little sad though. not sure where i put the package, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. it's in my house ...somewhere. i hope it just shows up. (yes i know. i probably shouldn't have lost my acceptance package ><)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
omg yeyyy i found it! =) =) =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0