yconic - Waterloo Computer Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Computer Engineering

A photo of xCooLx xCooLx
Hello, I have applied to Waterloo's Computer Engineering program and I would like to know more about it. (i.e Course load, Co-op job placements and drop out rate?)

Semester 1
AP Physics = 88
Adv. Functions = 90
English = 81 :(
Computer Science = 90

Avg = 87.25 (Expected to be raised to at least 89 by 2nd semester mid-term)

In your opinion, what are my chances of getting accepted to this program?

Please be honest......

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of zef zef
In a math orientated program English mark is not given too much weightage, hence I would recommend that you stay calm about all this, your marks are favourable trust. Though what scares me is why u havent been accepted to comp eng at ryerson i got accepted even with my grade 11 marks to that, but grade 11 marks shouldnt affect stuff too much. Dont worry just focus on Calc and Chem thts what I also have to worry about Lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xCooLx xCooLx

@zef wrote
In a math orientated program English mark is not given too much weightage, hence I would recommend that you stay calm about all this, your marks are favourable trust. Though what scares me is why u havent been accepted to comp eng at ryerson i got accepted even with my grade 11 marks to that, but grade 11 marks shouldnt affect stuff too much. Dont worry just focus on Calc and Chem thts what I also have to worry about Lol

Yea...i think the 65 in grade 11 English screwed me over.

But do you know what the cut offs are for computer engineering at UofT and Waterloo.
I mean the average range that would put me in a safe spot.
Because looking at last years post, i saw people getting rejected with 90s so i am really stressed about my marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0