yconic - Waterloo Computer Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Computer Engineering

A photo of g93 g93
My friend is applying there. He has a ~96 average, alright ECs with some work experience and some volunteer work. He is worried that he might not get in. I think he is crazy. Or is this program really that hard?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Haru Haru
dw. it's not that hard to get in -_- with that avg, i doubt any universities will reject him
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Haru wrote
dw. it's not that hard to get in -_- with that avg, i doubt any universities will reject him

Yeah, I figured I would get a few responses similar to this and of some past acceptance numbers and then show him and tell him he's an idiot :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
i had a 96 avg got into soft eng.. pretty similar program, i believe theres actually more spots in CE than SE.. so.. everyone needs to calm down
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SOCCERFAN SOCCERFAN

@aimango wrote
i had a 96 avg got into soft eng.. pretty similar program, i believe theres actually more spots in CE than SE.. so.. everyone needs to calm down

hi;
which one is easier to get the coop jobs? software eng or cs or comp eng?
what is the coop employment rate in low grade/high grade?

one of my friend still can not get the coop job: he is in grade 3 of waterloo mech eng

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@SOCCERFAN wrote

@aimango wrote

hi;
which one is easier to get the coop jobs? software eng or cs or comp eng?
what is the coop employment rate in low grade/high grade?

one of my friend still can not get the coop job: he is in grade 3 of waterloo mech eng

thanks

I know at RIM there are many co-op students from Waterloo- some are computer engineering, software engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering.... I haven't heard of many cs students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0