yconic - Waterloo Computer Science Options
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Computer Science Options

A photo of phylloconcrete phylloconcrete
Hello,

I got an email today telling me to fill out an information sheet on the faculty of math website (http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~preregd2/). I started going through it, and it prompted me about the digital hardware option. I read up all about this and the other options, and noticed a software engineering option I wanted to take. So I continued on through the survey, but it didn't ask me about any of the other options. So I'm wondering; did it maybe show up later in the survey, or is this not the actual sign-up, and instead just an indicator for them to know how many people want to do what? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
That site is for enrolling in courses for the math faculty.. I guess you're in software engineering so I don't know much about it but I think you just enrolled in the CS courses that you selected on the website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dbdudgh wrote
That site is for enrolling in courses for the math faculty.. I guess you're in software engineering so I don't know much about it but I think you just enrolled in the CS courses that you selected on the website.

No, I'm actually in computer science. The options I'm referring to are these: (http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/navigation/Prospective/programs/cs.shtml) (scroll down to 'Optional Options'). It's also mentioned here: http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/current-undergrads/new-students/courses/step1#5

However, in the sign-up process, they only asked me about digital hardware, leaving me to possibly think that this is just a survey for them to get rough numbers on various things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
You are correct--this is just a pre-registration form, most likely to get rough numbers.

These "options" you speak of involve courses that are not available until your upper years, so giving them information now is only for the university's rough planning--I don't think it would auto-enroll you in them later. Even if they remember your choice here (beyond XXX people want digital hardware) and do that, most likely you will be able to change your mind. That form is mostly just pre-reg for first year courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@greygoose wrote
You are correct--this is just a pre-registration form, most likely to get rough numbers.

These "options" you speak of involve courses that are not available until your upper years, so giving them information now is only for the university's rough planning--I don't think it would auto-enroll you in them later. Even if they remember your choice here (beyond XXX people want digital hardware) and do that, most likely you will be able to change your mind. That form is mostly just pre-reg for first year courses.

Ah, good to know. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0