yconic - Waterloo Electrical Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Electrical Engineering

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Has anyone gotten an offer yet? If so have you accepted it and why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of reb8260 reb8260
I got an offer one or two weeks ago. Haven't accepted because I am not sure if I want to go to electrical engineering. I am debating between business and engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Soccerboy Soccerboy

@reb8260 wrote
I got an offer one or two weeks ago. Haven't accepted because I am not sure if I want to go to electrical engineering. I am debating between business and engineering.

same dude, what was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cowmanwow Cowmanwow
One of my friends brother recently graduated from UW with some engineering degree but somehow he now works as a chartered accountant. When I asked her don't you need some business degree, she said he did it for all the maths.

I never knew you can do that. Does this mean he can get an engineering also?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@Cowmanwow wrote
One of my friends brother recently graduated from UW with some engineering degree but somehow he now works as a chartered accountant. When I asked her don't you need some business degree, she said he did it for all the maths.

I never knew you can do that. Does this mean he can get an engineering also?

He might have done a Business option of some sort. I really doubt he became a chartered accountant without getting all the accreditation though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maattp maattp
I got accepted to Computer Engineering, which is essentially the same as Electrical Engineering for the first two years. I'll be accepting it for sure :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xCooLx xCooLx

@maattp wrote
I got accepted to Computer Engineering, which is essentially the same as Electrical Engineering for the first two years. I'll be accepting it for sure :)

Hey, so i've also applied for computer engineering at Waterloo and i am still waiting.
May i know your avg and the date you were accepted.

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of entanglement entanglement
I was admitted to computer engineering, which as another poster put it, is the same program. Now that they are "blending", electrical and computer student will be in the same classes until term 2B.

I accepted my UW offer. It was my number one OUAC choice. I picked UT over U of T because the U of T program seems to be more focused on electrical and not as flexible in upper years, since you have to fulfill the breadth and depth obligations.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maattp maattp

@xCooLx wrote

@maattp wrote

Hey, so i've also applied for computer engineering at Waterloo and i am still waiting.
May i know your avg and the date you were accepted.

Thank you

I got 94 in chemistry, 95 in advanced functions, 93 in religion (mandatory at my school), and 86 in english for a 92% overall average semester one. I had a 95% overall grade 11 average too which I'm sure helped. I got the acceptance about a week after semester one marks were sent out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0