yconic - Waterloo Electrical Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Electrical Engineering

A photo of nanotech471 nanotech471
I was hoping you guys can give me an opinion on my chances for Waterloo EE.

Advanced Functions: 87
Chemistry: 80
English:74
Guitar: 93
Calculus: 95
Physics:83

Average: 85.33

My ECs include member of our green team, trombone section leader in the school concert band, bassist in our Jazz Band (Most Valuable Player for 3 years), member of the UN team (won awards for outstanding delegate), member of the weight lifting club. I've also work at the airport as a check-in agent seasonally, speak four languages (German, Russian, Ukrainian, English) fluently and I have traveled to more than 30 countries around the world. Additionally, I'm well versed in Python, Java and C#. Additionally, I have participated in UofT's outreach program.

Can someone calm my worries?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Jopet Jopet
With ECs like that you shouldn't be worried, although I'm a bit worried about your English mark :/ I forgot what the minimum is for English: 70% or 77%? Anyways, I definitely think your in very good shape.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It is a 70, I hope I'm not the only one who's stressed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
I would be a little bit worried but not too much. There are a lot of other engineers that phail @ English. Youre gonna be out there in the industry working, so Waterloo doesn't want students who cannot communicate through written and spoken technology.

83 in physics is a little : / Physics gets pretty tough in first year. And I think EEs take more physics in 2nd yr+ (lol sucks for you guys) so I advise you to get the fundamentals down.

Other than that, cross your fingers. Youre really on the fence here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

In my opinion my physics mark is a horrible indicator of my knowledge and understanding of physics. I get physics, it's my favourite subject. However our teacher is an incredible dick...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@nanotech471 wrote
In my opinion my physics mark is a horrible indicator of my knowledge and understanding of physics. I get physics, it's my favourite subject. However our teacher is an incredible dick...

Okay, get the fundamentals down, like I said. Im guessing your school didnt offer compeng? Cause that woulda helped for the labs youre going to be doing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0