yconic - Waterloo Engineering Alternate Offers?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Engineering Alternate Offers?

A photo of slowhill slowhill
So on Tuesday I received EE as an alternate offer to Nano
(congrats to everyone that got an offer by the way :D)
Which I sort of expected but I can't help but feel a slightt disappointmentt haa.

Anyway,
I'm wondering for those who got an alternate offer
Is there a waiting list of the sort for the programs the people have originally applied to? Or is this just final?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mathemusician mathemusician
I got an alternate to nano as well. (N)
I guess if you really wanted, you could try switching programs during or after first year if you have good marks, but it might take longer to complete the curriculum..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mechboyy mechboyy

@mathemusician wrote
I got an alternate to nano as well. (N)
I guess if you really wanted, you could try switching programs during or after first year if you have good marks, but it might take longer to complete the curriculum..

how did you get an alternate to nano lol?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nightmare56 nightmare56
yesterday i got an alternate offer to mechanical instead of mechatronics. i am wondering the same thing, is this final? no chance theyll give me mechatronics by the end?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheBrownSituation TheBrownSituation
Hi, I'm new to these forums, but after reading all the posts, I thought I should give my two cents:

My marks are as followed:
-(midterm)Computer Science:98
-Biology:90
-Chemistry:90
-(midtem)English:89
-Advance Functions:84
-(midterm)Calculus:82
-(midterm)Physics:77 <--You are allowed to laugh. I did.

^This gives me a top 6 average of 86.7 and 87.7 for UW and UofT respectively.

I applied to:
-Waterloo Mechatronics Engineering (mechanical and electrical were my second and third choices). <--My AIF was really strong.
-University of Toronto Mechanical Engineering.
-Mcmaster Engineering(CO-OP).

I have received and offer of admission from mac a couple months ago, and recently an offer from Waterloo. I was rejected from Mechatronics, but instead, they offered me Electrical Engineering.
At first I was pretty bummed about it, but after reading all the rejection posts, I realized I was pretty lucky to get an alternative offer.

On a separate note, I'm really confused on whether I should accept the UW offer, because I really wanted to go into mechatronics. If I go into EE, can I specialize in my 3rd/4th years? Like, get as close to mechatronics engineering as possible?
Was this helpful? Yes 0