yconic - Waterloo Engineering Switch
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Engineering Switch

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
How viable is it it to switch from one engineering stream to another (specifically mech to tron/syde). I'm assuming it'd be easiest after your 1A/1B term, but even then, is it reasonable? Will graduation be delayed? If anyone's been through the process (or knows someone who has) I'd love to hear from them. Thanks! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of plato plato

@iliketurtles wrote
How viable is it it to switch from one engineering stream to another (specifically mech to tron/syde). I'm assuming it'd be easiest after your 1A/1B term, but even then, is it reasonable? Will graduation be delayed? If anyone's been through the process (or knows someone who has) I'd love to hear from them. Thanks! :)

It's best to switch asap. There is some overlap in courses, but other courses you'll have to take anew. It only works if you do it early (1A/1B). Keep in mind, you will need to have good grades to be granted a switch, especially from mech into tron. If you're dead set on a switch, you can grovel with the admission office in may/june to switch before school starts.

Talk to one of the admissions officers or the First Year Engineering Office.
Was this helpful? Yes 0