yconic - Waterloo Environment Business
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Environment Business

A photo of Kaishimizu Kaishimizu
I have an average of 85% right now and i have applied to Waterloo Environment Business, Waterloo Planning, and Waterloo Geomatics.
I'm just worried if I will get accepted into any of them with this mark.
Also I was just wondering how many people they usually accept in these programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of leahquin leahquin
85% will be just fine, you should have nothing to worry about. I know a couple people who got in with marks lower than that last year and the year before. I'm not exactly sure how many people get into these programs, but what I've heard from people in Planning is that its a fairly tight-knit group. I applied for Planning too :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah that's what I heard about Waterloo Planning also. However I heard that it's a great program from a friend of mine. Hopefully both of us will be accepted :)
There aren't really topics on this site about this so hopefully everyone will share information with us!
Thank you very much for the reply by the way! Glad to know someone is on the same track as I am right now:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm glad that there is at least one other person here trying to get into Planning :)
My average is about the same as yours, so I think we'll both get in. I wonder where all the other environment kids are hiding out...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Saruna Saruna
I applied for Planning and Environment and Business too! =)
I got accepted to environment and business already but I really hope i'll get into planning. It sounds really cool and the students I met at the open house were very enthusiastic about it. I'm glad I finally found some other environment people here though. Did you guys submit the AIF yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Saruna Saruna
Oh, and to answer your question kaishimizu, I heard one of the teacher's assistants at the Fall open house say that they accept around 112 students for planning each year. That kinda freaked me out, but maybe they don't get a lot of applicants? =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I already submitted the AIF, it was pretty short, so I did it right away. I don't think Planning at Waterloo gets too many applicants, I think a lot of people don't really know what it is or don't consider it. I do like the small program size though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Davzux Davzux
Anyone know the cutoff for environment and business? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Kaishimizu: Have you been accepted into Environment and Business yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Davzux wrote
Anyone know the cutoff for environment and business? :P

I think it's in the low 80s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Davzux Davzux
Ohh >_< My average might be flat 80, suuuucks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sheryl Sheryl
Been accepted to Environment and Resource Studies. How many go into the living learning program and res at St Pauls?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inspirative inspirative
To those who have already been accepted to enviro & business, can you please share your Top 6 Average?

I'm just really anxious as I haven't received an offer yet, and I want to know what competition is like. ty :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blunique Blunique
I've been admitted and I'm thinking about accepting it :)
Is there anyone else who is also doing EB?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I accepted the offer already :)
Planning to live in UWP for the first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blunique Blunique
Cool! I'm planning on living in St.Pauls for the living-learning communities, it seems like neat thing to be part of :) Are you planning on attending You@ Waterloo this Saturday?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MaribPir MaribPir
Hey guys, I'm applying for urban planning and EB at waterloo for fall 2012 and I was wondering when you got your acceptance letters and what your averages were (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackswan blackswan
Hey, I'm applying for EB at waterloo for fall 2012 also. I'm an international student though, so idk if my marks are equal to yours. My average is about 85ish. Whats yours? (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MaribPir MaribPir
Mines going to be about 85 as well, but I'm mostly interested in the urban planning program (: where are you from?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackswan blackswan
I'm from Indonesia (: You guys are all Canadian?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Applied to:
Waterloo-Environment ad Business
York-Environmental Studies
UOttawa-Environmental Studies
U of T-Environmental Studies
Carleton-Environmental Studies
Was this helpful? Yes 0