yconic - Waterloo FARM vs Rotman and Queens Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo FARM vs Rotman and Queens Commerce

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9
since they all have similar grades requirements, which one do you think is better to be a financial analyst?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
Queens
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
"Financial analyst" is a pretty broad term is it not? If you want your CFA, Math/FARM will probably prepare you best for it (based on what I read about it). Queen's Commerce will also be your next best bet. Rotman will help you get your CFA too, but the recruiting out of Rotman for finance jobs is nothing compared to Queen's. Math/FARM has co-op which is also something you could consider I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9

@iliketurtles wrote
but the recruiting out of Rotman for finance jobs is nothing compared to Queen's. Math/FARM has co-op which is also something you could consider I guess.

why is that??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Getting a Waterloo Math degree is totally different that doing a business degree at UofT or Queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@jasonty9 wrote

@iliketurtles wrote
but the recruiting out of Rotman for finance jobs is nothing compared to Queen's. Math/FARM has co-op which is also something you could consider I guess.

why is that??

That's just how it is? I'm sure you can get a finance job out of Rotman, but most people here will tell you that finance recruiting out of Queen's is better. I'm not even in university so don't take everything I say as an absolute...
Was this helpful? Yes 0