yconic - Waterloo Fellowship program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Fellowship program

A photo of jerawr jerawr
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten into the program, and if you did, what your average was in high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I am not personally in the program, but likely you will need a 95+ average to get an interview. You will need a combination of great ECs, marks, AFMAA and interview to get in. If one of the areas is weaker, the others better be really good to have a shot.

There is also a second chance to get into the Fellowship program in the fall of second year.

I will also mention here that if you ask most people at Waterloo, they will tell you that the Fellowship program is extremely overrated. It's a tremendous honour if you get in, and there are some potential benefits, but, for example, I am seriously considering not applying prior to second year, and it is certainly not because I don't think I will get in.

My point is don't let it become the be-all and end-all for you. If you don't get in don't kill yourself; the applications of those who did get in are might impressive.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
My sister had a ~92 average and got an interview, but was not accepted. She didn't go to Waterloo anyway. Her friend with a similar (I think actually slightly lower) average is in the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0