yconic - WaterLOO Inquiry -__-
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WaterLOO Inquiry -__-

A photo of SujiCorp78523 SujiCorp78523
I have a 79.8% average. WOuld I still be possibly considered for Waterloo's MAth program? My AIF sucked, and I have like 1 pointless EC ( Chess Club -__-). Just give it to me straight. Please tell me why I can or can't get in. NO point of false hope...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
no
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@garyluk wrote
no

Yup.
Short and simple, sorry.
1. Your grades already killed it.
2. Your AIF - need to be more well-rounded...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@SujiCorp78523 wrote
I have a 79.8% average. WOuld I still be possibly considered for Waterloo's MAth program? My AIF sucked, and I have like 1 pointless EC ( Chess Club -__-). Just give it to me straight. Please tell me why I can or can't get in. NO point of false hope...

The reality is harsh...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No, sorry.
I have an 84.33 and even I'm probably not getting in (compsci, math fac).
Did you apply to anything else?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SujiCorp78523 SujiCorp78523
I applied to Computational Mathematics too, but I doubt I'm going to get accepted by Waterloo.:(
I also applied to Ryerson and York Math as back ups. At least tell me, My average is good enough for my back up programs right? -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@SujiCorp78523 wrote
I applied to Computational Mathematics too, but I doubt I'm going to get accepted by Waterloo.:(
I also applied to Ryerson and York Math as back ups. At least tell me, My average is good enough for my back up programs right? -_-

Well, Ryerson is...Ryerson and it's rather easy to get in to for most programs. I think you have a shot at that.
York is a maybe. It's not as strict as Waterloo in terms of marks, but I have to say you're on the dangerous side.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Sorry man. But still, you can always transfer next year. Just try to do well in first year wherever you end up going. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Muirhead11 Muirhead11
tbh they probably wiped their asses with your application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Muirhead11 wrote

Assuming they ran out of students' tuition money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@Muirhead11 wrote

Assuming they ran out of students' tuition money.

Nice one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Theresa96 Theresa96
I applied to Waterloo too. My average is 85.3. But I have repeated my English, if they reduce 1%, my mark turn to 84.3 too. same as you shirlx. Is this mark count as below mid 80? I'm worry about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zeal Zeal
My average was an 87, and even I was rejected. The expected cut-off for 2011 I believe is 89-90.

But my EC's sucked as well, best one I had was the fact I was captain of the basketball team. I think my English marked screwed me over the most (73), IMO.

You should have applied to UofT, they took many students with high 70's in the math stream last year and I believe they will again this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi, Zeal
Have you already sure that you have get rejected? How come you know?
I think they still picking in the last wave.
And I agree with you that UT has lower cutoff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zeal Zeal

@Theresa96 wrote
Hi, Zeal
Have you already sure that you have get rejected? How come you know?
I think they still picking in the last wave.
And I agree with you that UT has lower cutoff.

I already sent my mid-term marks much earlier along with my first semester marks, so they had ample time to review my application and I was rejected.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@Zeal wrote
My average was an 87, and even I was rejected. The expected cut-off for 2011 I believe is 89-90.

But my EC's sucked as well, best one I had was the fact I was captain of the basketball team. I think my English marked screwed me over the most (73), IMO.

You should have applied to UofT, they took many students with high 70's in the math stream last year and I believe they will again this year.

Is this for the math program?

AHHH I had a 73 in stupid English too and still haven't been accepted to management engineering! *sigh*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My English is noly 70, that why I have such low average, only 85.3.
According to Zeal,I think I will get reject too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zeal Zeal

@merm123 wrote

AHHH I had a 73 in stupid English too and still haven't been accepted to management engineering! *sigh*

Yeah, and regular non-coop math at that, and was still rejected.

I don't know about engineering, but damn our English marks. I swear, if it was an essay based course, I could have easily pulled a 90+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zeal wrote

@merm123 wrote

I don't know about engineering, but damn our English marks. I swear, if it was an essay based course, I could have easily pulled a 90+.

Waterloo requires a 75 in english. If you don't have 75 it's an automatic rejection
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@shirlx wrote

@Zeal wrote

@merm123 wrote

Waterloo requires a 75 in english. If you don't have 75 it's an automatic rejection

Where you know that waterloo requires 75 in English? Isn't it 70 minimum?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Theresa96 wrote

@shirlx wrote

@Zeal wrote

@merm123 wrote

Where you know that waterloo requires 75 in English? Isn't it 70 minimum?

It's 70 for everything else, but English is a special course. Even if they don't list that as their requirement, they still won't accept anyone with a below 75 in english (one of my dads friend's son who's in waterloo told him). There may be some special cases, that it's so rare that it's amost non-existent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

[/quote]

It's 70 for everything else, but English is a special course. Even if they don't list that as their requirement, they still won't accept anyone with a below 75 in english (one of my dads friend's son who's in waterloo told him). There maybe some special cases, that it's so rare that it's amost non-existent.[/quote]
I regreted that i didn't take English in private school, at least can get 85. One of my friend, same English level as me, get this mark at private school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0