yconic - Waterloo Legal studies, Real Nervous Will I Get In?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Legal studies, Real Nervous Will I Get In?

A photo of AngelRider123 AngelRider123
I don't know what I am going to do. I still haven't receive anything from Waterloo or any of the other two and I am really scare on what is going to happen to me next. You see, my top 6 isn't ready yet because I change my courses around and I am hoping that I can get accepted this time for this program. I want to go to Waterloo as my first choice before the other two. I am really scare that my top 6 won't be as high. I have two courses that are my strongest and the others are all in the 60s. The reason why I have them in the 60s was because I made a bad decision on dating before school work and it really wasted my last year and I did regret it. So I am back for the fifth year in high school hoping to god that I can get all my marks high enough for Waterloo to see. My program is pretty decent and the average is high 70s and low 80s. It seems to be not bad comparing me to do the sciences. But, my studying habits have been changing a lot because I was getting back to my feet again to give it another shot. But, I have been over stressing out because night school, parents, laptoping, MSNing and Facebooking that really took my energy right off of me. Here are marks are right now of standing before the midterms for second semester (note: my school is semester)

Advance functions 12: 80% (took it last semester)
International Business 12: 75% (took it in grade 11 while I was fast-tracking)
English 12 : 70% (this semester)
Economics 12 : 63% (this semester)
Writer's Craft 12: 79% (this semester)
Calculus 12: 60% (this semester)

I have others as well, but they were too bad to be added on to my six. I know it looks really bad comparing to other people with 80s and 90s. Do you think I will get the chance to get accepted if I work really hard to pull them up?? What is my chances to getting accepted to Waterloo?
I am already done my 40 hours of volunteering and I have been in some clubs and one sport team.
I'm really scare and nervous on what is going to happen to me if I don't get accepted to Waterloo or my other two universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@AngelRider123 wrote
I don't know what I am going to do. I still haven't receive anything from Waterloo or any of the other two and I am really scare on what is going to happen to me next. You see, my top 6 isn't ready yet because I change my courses around and I am hoping that I can get accepted this time for this program. I want to go to Waterloo as my first choice before the other two. I am really scare that my top 6 won't be as high. I have two courses that are my strongest and the others are all in the 60s. The reason why I have them in the 60s was because I made a bad decision on dating before school work and it really wasted my last year and I did regret it. So I am back for the fifth year in high school hoping to god that I can get all my marks high enough for Waterloo to see. My program is pretty decent and the average is high 70s and low 80s. It seems to be not bad comparing me to do the sciences. But, my studying habits have been changing a lot because I was getting back to my feet again to give it another shot. But, I have been over stressing out because night school, parents, laptoping, MSNing and Facebooking that really took my energy right off of me. Here are marks are right now of standing before the midterms for second semester (note: my school is semester)

Advance functions 12: 80% (took it last semester)
International Business 12: 75% (took it in grade 11 while I was fast-tracking)
English 12 : 70% (this semester)
Economics 12 : 63% (this semester)
Writer's Craft 12: 79% (this semester)
Calculus 12: 60% (this semester)

I have others as well, but they were too bad to be added on to my six. I know it looks really bad comparing to other people with 80s and 90s. Do you think I will get the chance to get accepted if I work really hard to pull them up?? What is my chances to getting accepted to Waterloo?
I am already done my 40 hours of volunteering and I have been in some clubs and one sport team.
I'm really scare and nervous on what is going to happen to me if I don't get accepted to Waterloo or my other two universities.

Get your priorities straight. Why are you wasting your time with things like facebook and msn? Who the hell still USES MSN? You will probably not get into Waterloo,Guelph or Ryerson as of now because your top 6 only averages out to a 71 with these marks. Why did you take calculus? This is what you should do now. Apply to UOIT,Carleton and York for criminology/legal studies/arts. Don't apply to York for criminology, they require a mid-80's. Apply for law & society or undecided major. Law & Society is legal studies. Undecided major you will be able to take the first year legal studies course and declare your major in it after first year, it's just easier to get in over everything else. You can get in with a low 70's. It's for the better because with your current marks and an english mark of 70% you would have only struggled at Waterloo, which btw is only good for computer science, engineering and math. Legal Studies isn't a very good program there. Carleton and York are fairly decent for these programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0