yconic - Waterloo march acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo march acceptances

A photo of mechboyy mechboyy
anyone get an offer yet? got one today for mechanical engineering. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
33 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
accepted for management eng. today kinda surprised... so early and for some reason it doesnt appear on ouac? weird
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bambam bambam
got accepted to chemical engineering today. Oh maan i was so surprised...definitely wasn't expecting it so early:cheers: Anyways does anyone know if this was the first round of acceptances? cuz that would be even more surprising.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you guys an offer via Email? or did you guys check on quest?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
pj2121 - It doesn't show up on your OUAC for a few days, don't worry.

Xfar - They usually send an e-mail first, but it'll be on your Quest account in a few days as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Cynthia- O really? Because my friend got accepted to engineering and apparently their Quest updated before the email was sent out. Though, I'm not sure if it matters but I'm from Vancouver,BC while hes in ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
A lot of people got accepted already I think starting Feb 24th earliest. A couple of my friends got into engineering then, informed through Quest, no email.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xfar wrote
Cynthia- O really? Because my friend got accepted to engineering and apparently their Quest updated before the email was sent out. Though, I'm not sure if it matters but I'm from Vancouver,BC while hes in ontario.

I'm from Vancouver, too.
Maybe that's the difference.
I got an e-mail first, then my Quest updated a few days later.
I'm sure the same would go for most faculties, doubt Engineering would be any different.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Glad to meet another Vancouverite on these forums :P

Just asking, but were the emails from Waterloo containing offer of admissions always sent out on Mondays?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Hope Math will be giving out some of its combo acceptances : )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! :cheers: I got mine today as well for Civil Engineering!! Woooo! lol

Anyways, does anyone know how many people are admitted to a particular program such as Civil Engineering? If not, does anyone know how many students there were from last year? I understand that different programs have different numbers of students enrolled and I'm just curious to know. (This is for UW btw) Thanks!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jopet wrote
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! :cheers: I got mine today as well for Civil Engineering!! Woooo! lol

Anyways, does anyone know how many people are admitted to a particular program such as Civil Engineering? If not, does anyone know how many students there were from last year? I understand that different programs have different numbers of students enrolled and I'm just curious to know. (This is for UW btw) Thanks!

This might help though i think its only totals in each program not just first year students...

Undergraduate Enrolment by Program Fall 2010
[see note 1]

Program Total Undergraduate Students

Architecture 368
Chemical Engineering 618
Civil Engineering 528
Computer Engineering 611
Electrical Engineering 946
Environmental Engineering 223
Geological Engineering 81
Management Engineering 211
Mechanical Engineering 845
Mechatronics Engineering 538
Nanotechnology Engineering 494
Software Engineering 491
Systems Design Engineering 392
Grand Total 6346

http://www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/aboutENG/facts.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig
Lol so happy getting a response from a university i can actually see attending :D. I got my offer today for SyDe!!! Did any one here get an offer who applied AFTER the deadline, I ask because my friend with the same grades as mines and (i think) better EC's has yet to get into my program (he applied after the deadline).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freedomdude0 freedomdude0
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING !!! YA!! :cheers:
now time to work hard for the next 5 years
totally worth it tho
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k4show k4show
Has anybody gotten into mechatronics yet? If so what was your average? Mine is in the low 90's and still waiting on an offer :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claudiapedraza claudiapedraza

@pj2121 wrote
accepted for management eng. today kinda surprised... so early and for some reason it doesnt appear on ouac? weird

what was ur average???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xfar wrote
Glad to meet another Vancouverite on these forums :P

Just asking, but were the emails from Waterloo containing offer of admissions always sent out on Mondays?

Ahahah I agree. :)

I think I got mine on a Wednesday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@k4show wrote
Has anybody gotten into mechatronics yet? If so what was your average? Mine is in the low 90's and still waiting on an offer :(

I got into Mechatronics on Feb 24. My average was 95, so mid -90s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@claudiapedraza wrote

@pj2121 wrote

what was ur average???

87 last semester with chem, physics and adv functions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are all of you guys who got accepted yesterday from Ontario?

Very strange, because I still haven't heard from anyone in Vancouver being accepted yet ><
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k4show k4show

@Kooh wrote

@k4show wrote

Congrats! Thanks, I just got an email from UW saying that they have sent out 50% of the acceptances... Kinda makes me nervous. These are my marks here:
http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=2728
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@k4show wrote

@Kooh wrote

@k4show wrote

Congrats! Thanks, I just got an email from UW saying that they have sent out 50% of the acceptances... Kinda makes me nervous. These are my marks here:
http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=2728

Yea, I have already seen what marks you had, I replied to your previous thread a while ago. For my offer of admission, I checked Quest first to find out. Once you sign in click admissions, then click mechatronics and it should bring up another page where it shows the application status. After quest, it should show up on OUAC. Email comes last.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

50% of all engineering offers?

or 50% of all mechanical engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k4show k4show

@Xfar wrote
50% of all engineering offers?

or 50% of all mechanical engineering?

This is what the email said which was directed to all those who applied to engineering I believe.

"
At this point, we have made approximately 50% of our offers.  The remainder of our offers and all of our scholarship decisions will be made in mid-May.  Keep in mind that we have not yet received second-semester grades, and we have yet to evaluate all submitted AIFs.  For most students, this means that there is still a lot of information to review!  We will keep working hard so that we can be sure to have a decision in your hands before the June 2nd deadline common to all universities."
Was this helpful? Yes 0