yconic - waterloo math acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

waterloo math acceptances

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
did anyone get them yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of TotoSmith TotoSmith
lol I wish :( If I don't get rejected, I'll porbably have to wait until May to get an offer considering my average is only 86ish... Did you also apply to the honors math program? And if you don't mind sharing, what are your marks like?
Thanks, good luck on your applications! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah I did too, my marks aren't that great though I stopped studying for accounting because it's not in my top 6. And my marks are 94 in math , 83 in physics, 75 in accounting. I just wish I got it in march instead of may lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of martinmathers martinmathers
fuuuuuuu im still waiting. i got 99 in advanced functions, 97 in data management, 91 in physics and 93 in chemistry. now i have a feeling they're gonna reject me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Chill man if u get rejected then no one is getting accepted lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol its hard to not be paranoid when people around you keep getting early acceptances...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cometmars cometmars
I applied to CS, and I didn't get in yet.

I got an e-mail from UW saying that they gave out 40% of the offers and that the rest will be given out in May. Does it mean that the next acceptance date is in mid-May? I think last year, people got accepted before in March/April.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CeeVeeCee CeeVeeCee
I got the same email and i applied for Mechatronics Engineering.

Last year i heard most early offers went out around march break and then they did a second wave mid April, but that was last year. You never know what they might change.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah I got it too because I applied to systems but I think that message is only for engineering applications and not math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Its probably just engineering, mine specifically said engineering on it. Math acceptances will come out later because you are supposed to write Euclid and they want to know your results first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i got the email too i applied to math and mech eng. got me all worked up and ****...thought i got accepted.
what i heard was euclid is just a reference and they only look at the results for giving out scholarships not acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied to both CS and SE @ UW. CS is in Math Faculty while SE is in both Math and Engineering Faculty. So that's why I got the engineering e-mail.

Today, a few people I know got accepted to Life Science and Biotechnology/CA (double) got acceptances. And some of them still haven't submitted their AIFs.

So just wondering if anyone who ONLY applied to the Math Faculty get that e-mail? If not, did you get an e-mail similar to that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@martinmathers wrote
i got the email too i applied to math and mech eng. got me all worked up and ****...thought i got accepted.
what i heard was euclid is just a reference and they only look at the results for giving out scholarships not acceptances.

I hope so, a friend of mine is worried about it because the average marks on Euclid are really low, it was 48% last year and even though we're doing the old tests together, there is no saying what kind of questions will be on it this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moneymoneymoney moneymoneymoney

@martinmathers wrote
fuuuuuuu im still waiting. i got 99 in advanced functions, 97 in data management, 91 in physics and 93 in chemistry. now i have a feeling they're gonna reject me.

you obviously know that you're going to get accepted with those marks...but yet you come here and post to show them off and say "i have a feeling there going to reject me". lol get a life man
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mhz mhz
I was accepted to Honours Computer Science, which is in the Math faculty. I also applied to Math/CA and CS/BA Double Degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@moneymoneymoney wrote

@martinmathers wrote

you obviously know that you're going to get accepted with those marks...but yet you come here and post to show them off and say "i have a feeling there going to reject me". lol get a life man

LOL UW specifically looks at your english mark, what was your English mark. and also Calculus mark... UW looks more at your calculus mark than your advanced functions.

I'm guessing you have those 2 this semester. maybe that's why they haven't accepted you yet. people with low averages got in and some with high averages didn't. It's really weird, but I heard UW randomly selects from a "pool" of people with above 90ish marks, 95% or higher automatically get in (so i have heard)...

Also, the next acceptance date is in may (mid). So we have to wait for 3 months. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@moneymoneymoney wrote

@martinmathers wrote

u jelly brah? who are you to tell me what to do. i can say whatever the hell i want. seems like you're the one who needs to get a life. ****ing keyboard warrior.
and no i dont know if im going to get accepted. we've all heard stories about waterloo rejecting people who have high averages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cometmars wrote

LOL UW specifically looks at your english mark, what was your English mark. and also Calculus mark... UW looks more at your calculus mark than your advanced functions.

I'm guessing you have those 2 this semester. maybe that's why they haven't accepted you yet. people with low averages got in and some with high averages didn't. It's really weird, but I heard UW randomly selects from a "pool" of people with above 90ish marks, 95% or higher automatically get in (so i have heard)...

Also, the next acceptance date is in may (mid). So we have to wait for 3 months. :(

yea you're right im taking english and calc this semester. i suck at english so my life depends on math lol. i also wrote the CSMC but i did pretty badly so i hope thats not gonna affect their decision. and i hope they really dont select randomly from a pool of people...that would suck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of reb8260 reb8260

@martinmathers wrote

I doubt Waterloo will reject you with all your marks. Besides, I don't think they look heavily upon english if you're applying to the math/eng programs. I got into eng a few days ago with a pretty crappy english mark from summer school. So don't worry :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of utkarsh utkarsh

@martinmathers wrote

OH HELLO I'm in the same position as you.
I had a 99% in Advanced Functions, 97% In Data Management, 100% in Calculus, 95% in Chemistry and am rolling on with a 100% in Physics.
Yet so many people have got accepted.

AAARGHHHH Waterloo MATH HONOURS JUST ACCEPT ME ALREADYY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@utkarsh wrote

@martinmathers wrote

I had a 99% in Advanced Functions, 97% In Data Management, 100% in Calculus, 95% in Chemistry and am rolling on with a 100% in Physics.

AAARGHHHH Waterloo MATH HONOURS JUST ACCEPT ME ALREADYY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lol dude ur marks are ridiculous. You're ruining my chances of getting accepted to Waterloo and UofT :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@utkarsh wrote

@martinmathers wrote

now those are some pretty ridiculous marks lol...but i know right it says on einfo you just need a mid 80 average yet we still havent gotten accepted...and some people at my school with lower marks already got accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of utkarsh utkarsh

@martinmathers wrote

@utkarsh wrote

@martinmathers wrote

now those are some pretty ridiculous marks lol...but i know right it says on einfo you just need a mid 80 average yet we still havent gotten accepted...and some people at my school with lower marks already got accepted.

Yes, a lot of people in my school have got accepted with lower marks too.
I don't understand at all how this system works.
I mean, omitting high 90's students and taking low 80's students. Weird.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dsfsteve dsfsteve
Some of you guys have some pretty high marks in here...

Checking in, accepted awhile ago (maybe a month?) to computer science honours co-op, same for math.

Last year average was only a bit over 89, this year first semester a bit over 96.

Math/computer sciences courses all high-90s though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KarlwithaK KarlwithaK
I received an early acceptance to UW for co-op computer science in the math department.
My grades were nothing amazing so I was fairly surprised to get accepted so early, but I am happy nonetheless!
Was this helpful? Yes 0