yconic - Waterloo Math References
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Math References

A photo of apark17 apark17
Hey anyone know when they will be emailing our teachers?
i dont think my teacher checks that often, so i wanna give him a heads up!

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
oh yeah I need to know this too.
Can someone answer this one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
My teacher hasn't got the email yet, but Waterloo told me that they only email a random selection of teachers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
This may be a little known fact, but they rarely check your references in reality. It's not feasible considering the volume of applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Theresa96 Theresa96
I'd like to know this too.
Because I have took my math courses last year, and my Math teacher has already moved from our school. I'm worry about she don't remember who I am. My school is a large size school, there are 3000 student in it, and almost every one take math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@Theresa96 wrote
Because I have took my math courses last year, and my Math teacher has already moved from our school. I'm worry about she don't remember who I am. My school is a large size school, there are 3000 student in it, and almost every one take math.

That's not bad, 2000 kids in my school (about 600 grade 12s and almost everyone takes adv functions/calc). One of my friends is worried as well, the math teacher took a semester off. And I defiantly do agree, they prob only email/call a small random group of applicants.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Theresa96 Theresa96

@arviny wrote

@Theresa96 wrote

That's not bad, 2000 kids in my school (about 600 grade 12s and almost everyone takes adv functions/calc). One of my friends is worried as well, the math teacher took a semester off. And I defiantly do agree, they prob only email/call a small random group of applicants.

I'm already can sure my teacher don't remember me. Luckily I have asked her Email address last year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dLins dLins
Like what most people said, Waterloo doesn't contact all the math references.
My friend and I each got accepted into 3 math programs and we asked our references if waterloo contacted them. Both said no.
Was this helpful? Yes 0