yconic - Waterloo Math?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Math?

A photo of SujiCorp78523 SujiCorp78523
I want to go to Waterloo's general math program.

My marks suck however.

Advanced Functions- 91
Calculus and Vectors- 65
English-70
Data Management- 65
International Business- 86
French- 81

Average of: 76
It says low 80's to be considered. I am going to write the Euclid, but don't expect any good marks.

You guys think I can get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of menjeco777 menjeco777
first of all how on earth did u manage a 91 in A.F if you are only getting a 65 in C.V???
and no you probably will not get in, especially with that low calculus mark and data management mark. You can hope but I highly doubt it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Waterloo requires 70%+ in all courses tho I'm not sure how lenient they are with that requirement. But no, you likely won't get in. Though it's possible you'll be given an alternate acceptance to non-coop math.

Otherwise, if you're determined on Math at UW, then maybe stay back a year and repeat your Calc and optional courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SujiCorp78523 SujiCorp78523

@menjeco777 wrote
first of all how on earth did u manage a 91 in A.F if you are only getting a 65 in C.V???
and no you probably will not get in, especially with that low calculus mark and data management mark. You can hope but I highly doubt it.

Well, Our teacher gave us an easy test for units 1,3, but units 2,4 were hell. I'm sure by the end of the year I can probably raise it to high 70's to low 80's. but Universities dont care about final marks do they?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@SujiCorp78523 wrote

@menjeco777 wrote

Well, Our teacher gave us an easy test for units 1,3, but units 2,4 were hell. I'm sure by the end of the year I can probably raise it to high 70's to low 80's. but Universities dont care about final marks do they?

Don't get your hopes up... Waterloo said they look for minimum mark of 77 in C.V I believe..
Was this helpful? Yes 0