yconic - Waterloo Nanotechnology Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Nanotechnology Engineering

A photo of JustWatchedCanucksFail JustWatchedCanucksFail
Hi,

I'm interested in going to U of W for Nanotech Engineering, but I was unable to find much information on it.

I have some questions regarding the program, and I'd love to hear from current students or recent graduates:

1) How is its difficulty in comparison to other engineering programs as well the engineering science program at U of T?

2) How competitive is the program? Any curves (up or down)?

3) How is the co-op in this program? (Not the general one for U of W)

4) How hard/easy is it to get into graduate school after graduating U of W? Graduate
schools including, but not exclusive to, U of T, MIT, CalTech, and Stanford.

5) How hard/easy is it to get into grad school after working for a while?

6) I've read that the Nano program is quite disorganized due to its youth. How truthful is this comment?

7) How are research opportunities for the Nano program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Mig Mig
First of I am a prospective student myself (of Systems Design at UW and ECE at UofT), so take my advice with a grain of salt. If you are set on nano-tech or a nano-tech related career then UW is definitely an awesome choice. You would not have to 'waste' time with a 2 year foundation, so by your senior year you will have a very strong introduction into nano-tech design. Furthermore you could have up-to 2 years of research experience using co-op, if anything this could serve as an excellent way to figure out where within nano-tech industry you wish to apply yourself. oh and you would graduate with a heavier pocket (well it's weight will be less in the negative direction than if you went to UofT) ;p.
Was this helpful? Yes 0