yconic - Waterloo or U of Toronto for science??? HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo or U of Toronto for science??? HELP!

A photo of funkylasse funkylasse
i want to move out but it's expensive. So i'm considering U of T now! Any opinions? Both unis have good science programs so it all comes down to whether or not it's worth the money to move out :) Advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of danny6514 danny6514
I would say UT. Waterloo isn't really known for Science at all. The only (but quite significant) reason to go to Waterloo would be for co-op. If you're not planning to go into co-op, then UT for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Also depends on your future plans.
Are you planning to go to med school?
If you are, I don't know if UTSG will be a good option for you - if that's the campus you applied for.
I've been hearing about how hard it is to maintain a high GPA at UTSG, definitely will be a challenge to keep a 3.8+ for med school, but if you're up for a challenge...
Like the above poster said, Waterloo is mostly known for engineering & math, not really much about the sciences. But to make up for it, they do have an amazing co-op program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
You will have a lot of research opportunities at UofT which, for any student pursuing science, is a huge plus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0