yconic - Waterloo Pharmacy Prog.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Pharmacy Prog.

A photo of Gr12Student Gr12Student
Hello I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any other universities within North America that has a pharmacy prog like waterloo's. Waterloo's CAP prog apparently allows you to immediately enter pharmacy as soon as you graduate highschool however the cutoff is 90% therefore I'm assuming it's for gifted people.

Reason: I am currently getting high 70's to low 80's in science and i don't think I will be able to get into pharmacy school in university therefore I plan to stay for grade 13 to take business courses. Grade 13 also allows me to potentially boost my science courses to the 90's after all I'm repeating them and I can also get a feel for business.

EDIT: I already know Waterloo takes off 2% overall for every repeated course which is why I'm wondering if there is any school in North America that allows you to enter their pharmacy prog after highschool as long as you have the marks and won't penalize you for repeated courses. In this sense if I really wish to go back to science grade 13 wouldn't have been a wasted year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I don't think any other university other than Waterloo has a program like that.
Not to the best of my knowledge anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
No. And it's not direct entry, it's direct acceptance.
CAP only has like 24 seats, taking an extra year of high school just to apply to it is ridiculous.
Work really hard in university, get some good ECs, references, and apply in 2 years to a bunch of pharmacy programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheUWStudent TheUWStudent

@Gr12Student wrote
Hello I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any other universities within North America that has a pharmacy prog like waterloo's. Waterloo's CAP prog apparently allows you to immediately enter pharmacy as soon as you graduate highschool however the cutoff is 90% therefore I'm assuming it's for gifted people.

Reason: I am currently getting high 70's to low 80's in science and i don't think I will be able to get into pharmacy school in university therefore I plan to stay for grade 13 to take business courses. Grade 13 also allows me to potentially boost my science courses to the 90's after all I'm repeating them and I can also get a feel for business.

EDIT: I already know Waterloo takes off 2% overall for every repeated course which is why I'm wondering if there is any school in North America that allows you to enter their pharmacy prog after highschool as long as you have the marks and won't penalize you for repeated courses. In this sense if I really wish to go back to science grade 13 wouldn't have been a wasted year.

CAP is the only one of its kind in Canada.

However, there are NUMEROUS programs in America that offers similar programs. Research 6-year pharmD programs. I know someone who took an year off to do SAT/ACT and got into a similar program. If you have the financial resources, it's definitely worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0