yconic - Waterloo Quest Engineering AIF - second tab of "Contests/Reference"
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Quest Engineering AIF - second tab of "Contests/Reference"

A photo of Wandering Wandering
Is anyone else experiencing a glitchy-looking page for the second "Contests/Reference" tab?

There are a few boxes with blank checkmarks and a section at the bottom for putting a reference of some kind:

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for this section.

If it's only me, then could someone please post a screenshot of how the page should look?

Also, for the first contests/reference tab where we indicate whether we've competed in past waterloo contests, what should I put under the "score" heading if my school has not kept records of past contest results?

:bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of schweitzer281 schweitzer281

@Wandering wrote
Is anyone else experiencing a glitchy-looking page for the second "Contests/Reference" tab?

There are a few boxes with blank checkmarks and a section at the bottom for putting a reference of some kind:

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for this section.

If it's only me, then could someone please post a screenshot of how the page should look?

Also, for the first contests/reference tab where we indicate whether we've competed in past waterloo contests, what should I put under the "score" heading if my school has not kept records of past contest results?

:bigsmurf:

what type of engineering did you apply for? i applied to mechatronics and i don't even have a contest/references section.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I also applied to mechatronics
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pawnag3 pawnag3
I applied to nanotechnology engineering and did not get your last two tabs for references!
But I also haven't submitted any of the pages yet.
AIF due in 1 day :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@pawnag3 wrote
I applied to nanotechnology engineering and did not get your last two tabs for references!
But I also haven't submitted any of the pages yet.
AIF due in 1 day :S

that's strange...

should it be ok if i just leave the last tab blank?

i've filled out the first of the two tabs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CanadaBoy CanadaBoy
I have the same glitch, and emailed Waterloo about it on January 25th. No response at all. You'd think a technology oriented school would have better built websites (I'm taking about the ridiculously long load time for those pages as well as the glitches).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CanadaBoy wrote
I have the same glitch, and emailed Waterloo about it on January 25th. No response at all. You'd think a technology oriented school would have better built websites (I'm taking about the ridiculously long load time for those pages as well as the glitches).

I see that you've already been accepted.

Did you just submit this glitched page, leaving it blank?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Silver15 Silver15
Have you been accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CanadaBoy CanadaBoy
I was accepted in December, so no, I didn't submit this yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
woahh wtf. i have the exact same problem. (btw, I applied for math programs)
What are we suppose to do here????? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yummy Yummy
I applied to Nanotechnology Engineering and didn't have the last two "Contests & Reference" tabs :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of konhee93 konhee93
lol had the same problem, so I emailed them.
I would show you the screenshot of my email, but idk how to insert pic in this forum thing...
so This is what i got.

Hello Konhee,

Thank you for your email. We have been made aware of this issue and have realized that some applicants are getting a duplicate Engineering tab. You do not have to submit this tab and can disregard it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day.

Admission Team
Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
519-888-4567 ext. 33106
www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca

If you tell me how to post pics, i'll show you the screenshot
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
^ thanks so much! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@konhee93 wrote
lol had the same problem, so I emailed them.
I would show you the screenshot of my email, but idk how to insert pic in this forum thing...
so This is what i got.

Hello Konhee,

Thank you for your email. We have been made aware of this issue and have realized that some applicants are getting a duplicate Engineering tab. You do not have to submit this tab and can disregard it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day.

Admission Team
Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
519-888-4567 ext. 33106
www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca

If you tell me how to post pics, i'll show you the screenshot

Thanks a lot.

Turns out after I submitted the first of the two "contests/reference" tabs the other tab was also submitted along with it.

Shouldn't be a problem, i don't think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of konhee93 konhee93
NP =D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nightmare56 nightmare56
i applied to mechatronics, i dont have the last two tabs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm pretty sure the contest/ reference tab only appears if you've applied to the mathematics faculty. So unless I'm mistaken, if you've only applied to engineering (that isn't software engineering) the last two tabs wouldn't appear.
Was this helpful? Yes 0