yconic - waterloo scholarships??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

waterloo scholarships??

A photo of ono ono
What final average do i need to maintain to keep the merit scholarships??? I don't know because it doesn't say in the package
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
You can drop as much as you want.

Edit: woops, mixed with program admission which is VERY low.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I thought you had to keep an 85%?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ono ono
Can anyone verify this?? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
From: http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/financing/president.php

Eligibility and conditions

1. Admission average

Your admission average will be calculated using your top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses (based on marks available in early May), including all required courses for the program(s) to which you’ve applied.
To remain eligible for a President's or Merit Scholarship, your admission average must be 85% or higher for the program for which you’ve received and accepted an Offer of Admission.
If you receive an Offer of Admission to more than one program, your admission average may qualify you for a President's or Merit Scholarship in one program but not another because your admission average must include required courses, which vary from program to program.
If your early May average is below 85% but your final average is 85% or higher, you will be awarded the appropriate President’s or Merit Scholarship.
You'll be notified after we've received final grade reports in July.

I think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@PaperPen wrote
From: http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/financing/president.php

Eligibility and conditions

1. Admission average

Your admission average will be calculated using your top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses (based on marks available in early May), including all required courses for the program(s) to which you’ve applied.
To remain eligible for a President's or Merit Scholarship, your admission average must be 85% or higher for the program for which you’ve received and accepted an Offer of Admission.
If you receive an Offer of Admission to more than one program, your admission average may qualify you for a President's or Merit Scholarship in one program but not another because your admission average must include required courses, which vary from program to program.
If your early May average is below 85% but your final average is 85% or higher, you will be awarded the appropriate President’s or Merit Scholarship.
You'll be notified after we've received final grade reports in July.

I think?

Ah, there it is. I am assuming that is what I saw earlier. Shouldn't be too hard to maintain.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres
So if i got the 90+ scholarship, and I drop to 85% do i still get the same scholarship i would get at 90% or is it dropped?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@durres wrote
So if i got the 90+ scholarship, and I drop to 85% do i still get the same scholarship i would get at 90% or is it dropped?

you'll get the 90 one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xshaddowsinx xshaddowsinx
what happens if you had the 85 one and dropped slightly below 85 final, say 84, do you still get the 85 one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@xshaddowsinx wrote
what happens if you had the 85 one and dropped slightly below 85 final, say 84, do you still get the 85 one?

No.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@g93 wrote

@xshaddowsinx wrote

No.

You do for Waterloo... Since their scholarship decisions are based on mid-May marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@jzliu wrote

@g93 wrote

@xshaddowsinx wrote

No.

You do for Waterloo... Since their scholarship decisions are based on mid-May marks

I think you missed the bolded part above.

:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0