yconic - Waterloo science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo science?

A photo of sidhu sidhu
Is Waterloo a good university to go to for sciences? I know it is very big on its engineering, however I've never heard about their sceinces.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of RishadN RishadN
yes it is... it's pharmacy is the best!
i applied to psychology there
lets hope i get accepted :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anbootsm anbootsm
Yeah, the programs there are pretty good. I am currently there part-time through my highschool and am having a really good time.

I know a bunch of people in different programs (chemistry, biochemistry, physics etc.) who are all happy with there programs

its not as well known for this though so reputation wise it may not be your first choice, but you still get a quality education
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stephan Stephan
Is Amazing :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leahquin leahquin

@anbootsm wrote
Yeah, the programs there are pretty good. I am currently there part-time through my highschool and am having a really good time.

I know a bunch of people in different programs (chemistry, biochemistry, physics etc.) who are all happy with there programs

its not as well known for this though so reputation wise it may not be your first choice, but you still get a quality education

I want to take some bio electives next year hopefully, how did you like the sciences? I'm loving environment right now though (I never though I would run into other people I knew on here aha)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anbootsm anbootsm
I am really liking the sciences, currently I'm between waterloo and mcmaster.

and taking bio electives sounds like a good idea.

and I'm glad that you're liking environment.

my favourite part about science is probably how all the buildings are so connected, to the point that sometimes you don't even know what building you are in, but it is still somehow easy to find your way around

I was also really surprised to see someone I knew on here
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FBerle625 FBerle625
Waterloo is great with science programs! What's even better is that they give chances at study exchange, so you can study the same courses in another country. Imagine telling your friends, "i studied _____________ in Africa or Europe!" Some of those programs even allow you to work in the field, like field trips and such... which is really cool especially with environmental sciences and biology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FBerle625 FBerle625
Waterloo is great with science programs! What's even better is that they give chances at study exchange, so you can study the same courses in another country. Imagine telling your friends, "i studied _____________ in Africa or Europe!" Some of those programs even allow you to work in the field, like field trips and such... which is really cool especially with environmental sciences and biology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
What future professions are y'all looking to get into from Waterloo Science?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
To quote a famous current student at Waterloo (who shall not be named), "UT is a research university. UW is a technical school."

Your mileage may vary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AshleyLynne AshleyLynne
Yea Waterloo has a great science program especially with biomedical because it can lead right into pharmacy or optometry. Their optometry program is the only english one in canada! Definitly great for science!
Was this helpful? Yes 0