yconic - Waterloo social scene?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo social scene?

A photo of KevX KevX
My friends and i have are seeking answers to the following questions:

How is the social scene at Waterloo? Is there a lot of asians in the faculty of science? How are the girls at Waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
According to a friend and a few other people that go there that I've talked to:

@KevX wrote
How is the social scene at Waterloo?

Non-existant.

@KevX wrote
Is there a lot of asians in the faculty of science?

Yes.

@KevX wrote
How are the girls at Waterloo?

For the rare girl you'll find she probably won't be what you're looking for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of napinhei napinhei
I'm not sure if Jsonga is trolling because they have something against UWaterloo, or if they actually believe what they are saying...

Either way, don't listen because what they are saying is incredibly exaggerated.

Social scene... No matter where you go, the social scene will be what you make of it. Every university has one, even if their reputation suggests they are more inclined to be have students who are more academically focused. It will depend on whether you go out in search of it as well as the type of people you surround yourself with. There will be studious people, and party goers at every university. If for some crazy reason you cannot find a single party person at Waterloo -- very unlikely -- you could always go down the road to Laurier. You'll certainly find something there.

Asian population... Fair enough, there is a higher concentration of Asian individuals at Waterloo, particularly in the science programs, but there are people of all ethnic backgrounds at Waterloo. In fact, when I was there, I mostly saw Caucasian individuals. Either way, you will find great diversity so if you prefer to hang out with people that share your ethnic background, you will find them both in and out of your faculty.

Are there girls there... No, they do not admit girls into the University of Waterloo. Are you crazy? Of course there are. There are tons of girls at Waterloo. Hell, Waterloo is my first choice and I'm a girl. From what I hear, the ratio of girls to guys in the science programs is a bit on the low side, but again, just look outside of that faculty. Like I said, there is a lot of diversity in a university that large. So just get out there, and you will meet all kinds of different girls. Eventually you will find many that are, as Jsonga put it, "what you're looking for."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@KevX wrote
My friends and i have are seeking answers to the following questions:

How is the social scene at Waterloo? Is there a lot of asians in the faculty of science? How are the girls at Waterloo?

Such a rookie question...

Get off the forums.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cloevia cloevia
If you don't like the social scene at waterloo just cross the street and visit Laurier,
Was this helpful? Yes 0