yconic - Waterloo switching engineering disciplines
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo switching engineering disciplines

A photo of PiggyAndy PiggyAndy
I've been admitted to Electrical engineering at Waterloo. However when I first applied, I did not really know which type of engineering I want to do. Right now, I'm more interested in Mechanical engineering than Electrical. Is it possible for me to switch before school starts in September? I heard it's possible to request to switch after first term but I that means I would have to retake courses or even start from day 1 (I really wouldn't want that! :S). Has anyone tried this or heard of someone who tried this?

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mhossein2011 mhossein2011
I would also like to know if this is possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
Petition for the switch in June, after all the acceptances have been tallied.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PiggyAndy PiggyAndy
I actually sent an email to the admission office about it. They told me the earlier the more likely I will be able to switch. So for those of you out there who wants to switch programs in Waterloo, let them know ASAP!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
Goes to show that contact the school directly is the best way to get the right answer. I put in my two cents, but that's exactly what it's worth.
Was this helpful? Yes 0