yconic - Waterloo Systems Design Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Systems Design Engineering

A photo of Mig Mig
Have you applied/been-admitted or are currently attending this program? I am currently deciding whether to accept my offer for this program; I really value the "large picture" approach systems gives to engineering projects but I still have some qualms with the program. It seems to me that the focus of systems design is on very "practical" engineering applications like for example assembly line optimization, this is not the reason I am interested in engineering. The engineering I am interested in lies in the cross between science and engineering, ex. neural engineering (biomedical), aerospace, etc... Long question short, by taking systems will I be at a disadvantage in pursuing research intensive careers due to the "practical" focus of this program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
I know a couple people in Systems - from what I see at least from their coop jobs, theyre similar to software engineers meaning they'll work for tech companies and be developers etc ... except there is less math and less code-y and more problem solving based.
Was this helpful? Yes 0