Waterloo transfer question Geomatics -> Computer Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo transfer question Geomatics -> Computer Science

A photo of Ziralia Ziralia
I was wondering, how hard is it to transfer into Computer Science at Waterloo? I got an alternate offer for geomatics, but I don&#39;t want to major in it. <br> <br>The courses geomatics requires are: <br> <br>first sem: <br> <br>GEOG 101 or 102 <br>GEOG 165 <br>GEOG 281 <br>CS 115 <br> <br>second sem: <br> <br>GEOG 271 <br>ENVS 178 <br>CS 116 <br> <br> <br>The courses computer science requires are: <br> <br>first sem: <br> <br>MATH 135 <br>MATH 137 <br>CS 135 <br> <br>second sem: <br> <br>MATH 136 <br>MATH 138 <br>CS 136 <br> <br>I read that I could take CS 135 and 136 instead of 115 and 116, but if I want to take the math courses as well, would I have a course overload in first semester? Could I take 6 courses, or am I only allowed to take 5 per semester? <br> <br>Also, do I absolutely HAVE to take the required courses for geomatics, if I&#39;m certain that I want to transfer? Could I just drop one of the GEOG courses in first semester? <br> <br>Could I tranfer after first semester, or do I have to complete my first year in geomatics before applying to tranfer? <br> <br>Finally, is it worth it? I&#39;ve heard many things about Waterloo being incredibly hard, so I&#39;m also debating going to UTM for undergrad, and getting a Master&#39;s at UW. <br> <br>Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of North North
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/navigation/Current/transfer_internal.shtml

Contact the people on this page. They will give you more accurate answers than anyone here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ziralia Ziralia

@North wrote
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/navigation/Current/transfer_internal.shtml

Contact the people on this page. They will give you more accurate answers than anyone here.

K, I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HopefulStudent23 HopefulStudent23
I know this post is nearly a year old, but as a student in a similar situation, and wondering if this is possible still, would like to know the outcome of what Ziralia has done if he/she is still around.

And as well if anyone has any further info about this.

I will contact them in the same manner as suggested above regarding this, but any further info would be of great help. Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0