yconic - Wat's so bad about UofT Rotman Commerce?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Wat's so bad about UofT Rotman Commerce?

A photo of asian123 asian123
I hear people that keep on saying "avoid Rotman commerce like the plague" etc...

im considering it because of the rep that the school has, and i love toronto.

apart from being hard, what else is bad about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Arctic Arctic
I heard it's not hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
It's full of asians
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Considering your name, hopefully all the asians won't scare you. Otherwise, the fear is probably the bell curve and the fact that it has an enormous drop-out rate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sevenzeroz sevenzeroz
I know 2 people that go there and they tell me it's pretty competitive, there are lots of asians, and the work is really hard.

That's all I know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qtgirl qtgirl
How competitive is Rotman? I really want to go to Rotman, but all my friends keeping telling me not to cuz its so competitive over there.... what should I do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
really?? I have never heard of Rotman being competitive... I'd say Schulich & Ivey is at least 10x more competitive than Rotman. But I'm not sure about Rotman..But if there are a lot of asians..they are probably pretty hardworking... no offence..I am asian too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dachen dachen
I've heard a lot of people are afraid of the bell curve at Uoft... but that seems weird LOL. I'm a current UofT student and I love it... Why you may ask? Because I've never been in a situation where they bell curve us down; the class averages are usually so low that the teachers bell curve us up...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111
UofT in general is not an easy school. in my first year my class got bell curved down. it was first year calculus. however it doesnt happen too often. the school sets guidelines for how many marks they can give out. most of the time they just make the final exam hard so people drop.

but in regards to Rotman, it is a great school. i was in Rotman for the first two years but switched to financial economics because i wanted to focus strictly on economics. most people dont like it because you have to compete to get into 2nd year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@asian123 wrote
bump

Most of the answers are the same, no need to bump the thread. If you're so interested then visit the campus
Was this helpful? Yes 0