yconic - Way too late to be considered for Nursing?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Way too late to be considered for Nursing?

A photo of bonanza14 bonanza14
On OUAC, we can change programs up until around February 4th but if I applied now to a nursing program, do you think it's too late for me to be considered? I am a high 80s/ low 90s student who is interested in Ryerson and York University. Is there no point of applying so late?

I've already been accepted to York's Biomedical program.. would there be anyway to transfer from that to their nursing program or are they two different entities?

Thank you for your help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
Most nursing programs don't do acceptances until may anyways.
I'd try applying anyways, idk if it would be equal consideration since you're late. I don't think they'll transfer you at this point into nursing from biomed, but they probably would let you after first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko
Give it a shot, you got nothing to loose. You have already been accepted into a program. Does the new application cancel out the old one? Im not to familiar with how things work that way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@cosstickxx wrote
I'd try applying anyways, idk if it would be equal consideration since you're late. I don't think they'll transfer you at this point into nursing from biomed, but they probably would let you after first year.

I was wondering that myself, if even though Universities will give out "early admission offers" starting January or Feb that perhaps the Nursing programs would go by the same rule.
I was hoping to know sooner (hoping to get into the Collaborative Western-Fanshawe nursing program in London), but I had a feeling that the decisions (since it's highly competitive) will only start March or May..

How did you hear about them not offering acceptances until May?

On a side note: are you waiting for an offer yourself? :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Oh! Sorry.. I just noticed that your rank is "Senior Student" so forget the last bit.. ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of metrickan metrickan
equal consideration date was yesterday so anything after that they look at last and if theres space they will accept you. but most BScN courses dont send acceptance letters til mid march so go for it and try!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cccormier wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I was wondering that myself, if even though Universities will give out "early admission offers" starting January or Feb that perhaps the Nursing programs would go by the same rule.
I was hoping to know sooner (hoping to get into the Collaborative Western-Fanshawe nursing program in London), but I had a feeling that the decisions (since it's highly competitive) will only start March or May..

How did you hear about them not offering acceptances until May?

On a side note: are you waiting for an offer yourself? :colors:

Western is usually one of the last schools to send out acceptances. I didn't hear of them sending many before May, especially for a program with a really high entrance average like nursing. On that note, that's the program I'm in. So if you have any questions about it and how it works feel free to ask!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 2011Tornado 2011Tornado
You can try changing your courses. Nursing is one of the last programs to be accepted into. Talk to your guidance counsellor - They'll know what to do! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katiebaltzer katiebaltzer
You won't have equal acceptance, you might be better off to apply for a program that starts in January.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@katiebaltzer wrote
You won't have equal acceptance, you might be better off to apply for a program that starts in January.

They'd have to wait until next year. As far as I know it's only the RPN programs that have some starts in January - and even if you apply to those you wouldn't hear back from them until the fall. It couldn't hurt to try switching now. The worst thing that's going to happen is they'll say no and you'll have to wait - which you'd have to do either way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0