yconic - weird laurier honour economics LATE offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

weird laurier honour economics LATE offer

A photo of ChickenSoup ChickenSoup
my avrg is 86, calculus is 90 adv func is 94, accpeted to u of t, mac, waterloo, ryerson, guelph

I accepted guelph's co-op economic finance management.+2000 scholar

TODAY, however, i found a package in the mail with LAURIER's offer to economics honour at waterllooo campus + 750$ scholar

i have a feeling that laurier's is better, but is it a ART degree? guelph is really legit, with co-op, and BBA degree,,,but,,,,,its guelph....and i accepted it alraedy... WAHT DO I DO? thankss! =D =C =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of vince1266 vince1266

@ChickenSoup wrote
my avrg is 86, calculus is 90 adv func is 94, accpeted to u of t, mac, waterloo, ryerson, guelph

TODAY, however, i found a package in the mail with LAURIER's offer to economics honour at waterllooo campus + 750$ scholar

i have a feeling that laurier's is better, but is it a ART degree? guelph is really legit, with co-op, and BBA degree,,,but,,,,,its guelph....and i accepted it alraedy... WAHT DO I DO? thankss! =D =C =P

woah i got my package two months ago. you shouldn't have gotten yours that late, even if canada post workers were on strike. something similar happened to me. about a week after the deadline to respond for universities, rotman sent me an offer. btw i got an 87 going into uni and laurier didnt offer me any scholarships :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of g93 g93

@vince1266 wrote

@ChickenSoup wrote

woah i got my package two months ago. you shouldn't have gotten yours that late, even if canada post workers were on strike. something similar happened to me. about a week after the deadline to respond for universities, rotman sent me an offer. btw i got an 87 going into uni and laurier didnt offer me any scholarships :(

Universities do send offers out after the OUAC deadline, it just certainly isn't as large of a number as prior to the deadline.

You didn't get a scholarship to Laurier because 1) You applied to BBA (only scholarships for >90 or else they would be giving out 1000 scholarships roughly) OR 2) You calculated it wrong

To the OP: Laurier Honours Economics is a great program. It is essentially an arts degree. You will get an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Economics (HBAE). If you go through for accounting you will get an HBAEA, for example. You do have a chance to get into Laurier's great co-op program.

Ask yourself: 1) Do you like economics? 2) Do you like math? Are you good at it? 3) What school do you prefer (campus, rez, atmosphere. social life, etc.)? 4) Any cost benefits of going to one school versus the other?

Guelph is a decent program as well. Remember, yesterday you were happy with going there. If economics isn't your thing and you would prefer to be in the co-op program at Guelph, go for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChickenSoup ChickenSoup
thx g93, and yea ive decided to stick to guelph.

it doesnt matter really now...i know people that earn $55/hour right out of guelph commerce, and others that earn $12, also this harvard grad dude who work for this guy from seneca =P.

ppl need to be smart and earn laws of wealth and its network in life experience, any schools are only there for a fundamental guide to a boring and steady job to make ourselves useful for society. thinking allowed!

good luck guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0