yconic - Well, business program for average person
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Well, business program for average person

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93
Well, hi everyone. I was wondering which biz programs would be decent (nothing too high up)
Marks (fully completed courses):
English - 78 (i know - horrible & even worse, it was summer school)
Data management - 90

Relevant courses(course not completed yet - estimated):
Advanced Functions - 87
Accounting - 85+
Calculus* - 87

Not so relevant
Computer Science - 90
Computer Engineering - 90
Chemistry* - 85+
Physics* - 85+

Not much going for me academically except for the school's rep (according to teachers at school). Doing volunteer work/ non paid employment at those Chinese Saturday schools. Part of robotics (irrelevant) and some random clubs.

SO, which business programs would be decent? Looked at AFM-PA and was very surprised when i found this forum the current mark requirement is quite high.

TIA.
note: * courses are 2nd semester
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Asianfail93? Wow, why are Asians so hard on themselves? I think your marks are fine, trust me people at my school have lower marks than that and think they have a shot at Schulich or something.

With those marks you can still apply to Waterloo AFM-PA, Laurier?

Some other decent programs are McMaster Degroote, UTSC Management Co-op, Brock BAcc Co-op, Rotman(some think it's good, but I hate it)?

I think you'll have a good shot at Laurier BBA and Waterloo AFM. They are pretty good programs. My friend got into AFM-PA with a 88ish something.. just do amazing second semester so you can pull up your Top 6 average.

If it is at 88, you can even apply to Ivey? They took a lot of 88-89 avgs last year with mediocre EC's like yours.

Good luck!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
I'd recommend Laurier. They take your top 6 courses - so your english wouldn't count against you. It has co-op, good student environment, and your marks are decent. You could also try applying for the DD program if youre interested, you're borderline right now - could get in with a few higher marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of exhibit exhibit
Well, this is a pretty refreshing contrast to all the boneheads who think they're going to be rainmakers at GS once they graduate from their semi-target undergrads, but I digress.

I'd say look at local schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@noxx98 wrote
I'd recommend Laurier. They take your top 6 courses - so your english wouldn't count against you. It has co-op, good student environment, and your marks are decent. You could also try applying for the DD program if youre interested, you're borderline right now - could get in with a few higher marks.

Laurier includes prereqs when calculating your admission average- English, AF and one other 4U Math

Laurier BBA (if you dont get in, you get an alternate offer to Honours Economics, a decent program, can always transfer to BBA if you can get a high GPA, has co-op)
Brock BAcc (accounting, not a full business program)
Rotman
McMaster
UTSC

You have a shot at Queens Ivey and Schulich as well.

Was this helpful? Yes 0