yconic - WESTERN ACCEPTANCE QUESTION
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN ACCEPTANCE QUESTION

A photo of uni101 uni101
Was anyone else not granted acceptance to Western despite having a very high average and prerequisites completed?
I was not accepted on friday- 94% average. Should I be concerned?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
Which program did you apply for? Most schools wait until April/May to send out acceptances for BioMed programs if that's what you applied for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of uni101 uni101
I have applied to Health Science and Kinesiology, not BioMedical Science.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Actually, I got accepted to Biomed yesterday, so i'm not sure!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mattshore mattshore

@uni101 wrote
I have applied to Health Science and Kinesiology, not BioMedical Science.

A friend of mine also applied for Kinesiology and has a low 90 and wasn't accepted. He was accepted to BioMed though. My guess is that they just haven't started accepting for it yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Light Light
If it makes you feel better, I didn't get accepted to BMOS even though I have a 95% average. :(

I do plan on calling them on Monday though to ask for clarifications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Did you already take grade 12 English, and were your grade 11 averages decent too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Light Light

@heesoup wrote
Did you already take grade 12 English, and were your grade 11 averages decent too?

I have my top 5 done, however no English... Now, my grade 11 average was horrible, I think I got a 79% average (Due to IB). However I do have several friends who had similar marks in grade 11, and they all have been admitted to Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@Light wrote

@heesoup wrote

I have my top 5 done, however no English... Now, my grade 11 average was horrible, I think I got a 79% average (Due to IB). However I do have several friends who had similar marks in grade 11, and they all have been admitted to Western.

No relation to whether you did your English yet or not... Check your application status on your Western account... if there's a check mark you got an offer. OUAC usually takes a few days.. if you STILL didn't get an offer... I don't know why... Since I have a 94 average but my offer was automatically approved by the computer... not a staff
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@jzliu wrote

@Light wrote

@heesoup wrote

No relation to whether you did your English yet or not... Check your application status on your Western account... if there's a check mark you got an offer. OUAC usually takes a few days.. if you STILL didn't get an offer... I don't know why... Since I have a 94 average but my offer was automatically approved by the computer... not a staff

I was not implying that grade 12 English was a requirement. I asked simply out of curiosity because it seems like that at my school at least, which is 10 minutes away from Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0