yconic - Western Admission Conditions (social science)? (very stressed out!)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Admission Conditions (social science)? (very stressed out!)

A photo of reptdot11 reptdot11
It's the time of the year where teachers feel the need to cram students with a bunch of work and I'm really suffering from it. I applied with an 85 average (midterm marks) however, I got the western mail and I read that the requirements for social science is 82.. Like I said, i'm really stressed out with the amount of work and my grades dropping.. If i so happen to miss the 82 condition by a couple %, what's going to happen? They told me to contact them ASAP if this was the case, but would I be able to justify myself? I'm thinking high 70, or 80 on the dot for my secon term mark.. it's tight.. I asked this before, but I just want some new input.. I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help me out!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Likely none of the people on this forum have been in this situation, so I don't think you'll get a proper response. If you're able to justify your drop in marks (say, you came down with a serious illness), then they'll be forgiving; if not, you're very likely SOL. The conditional acceptance is based on a few simple conditions; you have to meet those conditions. There's still more than a month left before school is over - pull up your socks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Likely none of the people on this forum have been in this situation, so I don't think you'll get a proper response. If you're able to justify your drop in marks (say, you came down with a serious illness), then they'll be forgiving; if not, you're very likely SOL. The conditional acceptance is based on a few simple conditions; you have to meet those conditions. There's still more than a month left before school is over - pull up your socks.

+1

Also, get used to it. You'll see next year that the amount of work you have to do in grade 12 is actually laughable compared to a standard university workload.
Was this helpful? Yes 0