yconic - Western AEO Financial Modelling/BMOS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western AEO Financial Modelling/BMOS

A photo of Falco Falco
I'm debating between applying to these two programs. Could someone please explain to me the pros/cons of both?

Thanks a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Financial Modelling would definitely be a good program as a compliment to your Ivey. If you're looking for a double degree then Fin Mod would be the best choice. It will give you the skills you need to go into S&T trading that will distinguish you from your Ivey classmates.

However, if you just want to ditch your major in year 3 and only do Ivey, BMOS would be ideal. Its easy and you'll have lots of time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx

@immaculatedx wrote
Financial Modelling would definitely be a good program as a compliment to your Ivey. If you're looking for a double degree then Fin Mod would be the best choice. It will give you the skills you need to go into S&T trading that will distinguish you from your Ivey classmates.

However, if you just want to ditch your major in year 3 and only do Ivey, BMOS would be ideal. Its easy and you'll have lots of time.

where would you not have lots of time?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illuminati illuminati
The financial modelling major does look pretty sick, but the idea of taking a whole bunch of math courses for two years will be too much for me. Just a personal preference.
Was this helpful? Yes 0