yconic - Western AEO1 Student (also accepted to QComm, Schulich, Rotman, Laurier). Ask q
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western AEO1 Student (also accepted to QComm, Schulich, Rotman, Laurier). Ask q

A photo of TruthfulTruist TruthfulTruist
Hi all,

I am a current frosh at Western studying Political Science with AEO status. My intention is to go into Ivey after two years. Feel free to ask me about my application, about the Western experiences, residences, clubs and also AEO/Ivey. I have some impression on the value of the Ivey program but am currently trying to network with HBA students to learn more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of loohopefull94 loohopefull94
What was your grade 12 average and when did you get accepted also what e/c did you have
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Why is there so much geese feces outside of Talbot bowl? Do you think this has a negative impact on student life?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@onlymatthew wrote
Why is there so much geese feces outside of Talbot bowl? Do you think this has a negative impact on student life?

psh its better than UW.
it smells like geese crap there
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thegoal08 thegoal08
what is the application process like for AEO status? what's the difference between that and simply applying to BMOS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm also an AEO1 enrolled in Economics. If you would like to question a second AEO (for clarification or just to get more information), feel free to PM me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SKing16 SKing16
Aanddd, I'm also an AEO1 Student enrolled in BMOS. Trust me, the more you ask, the better you are. There are some things I wish I had known more about before making certain decisions (and no, I don't at all regret choosing Ivey over Queens, they are both excellent, same-tier schools).

Specifically, if you need help on which program to take for first and second year, let me know, as I would definitely not recommend BMOS (grave mistake on my part). PM me and I will hit you up with the details.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NoToRiouSDIP NoToRiouSDIP
lololol your business education begins on day 731
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BigBMan BigBMan
AEO2 - transfered from Poli Sci to BMOS for my second year. PM me if you have any questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@SKing16 wrote
Aanddd, I'm also an AEO1 Student enrolled in BMOS. Trust me, the more you ask, the better you are. There are some things I wish I had known more about before making certain decisions (and no, I don't at all regret choosing Ivey over Queens, they are both excellent, same-tier schools).

Specifically, if you need help on which program to take for first and second year, let me know, as I would definitely not recommend BMOS (grave mistake on my part). PM me and I will hit you up with the details.

It seems that no high school students really care an awful lot about an AEO1's opinion (which makes lots of sense to me). So I will just say that I would actually recommend BMOS. From my first month at Western, it seems that most of the keeners/actually intelligent and motivated people are in economics, though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Why would you do BMOS though? If you wanted a 4 year business program, why not just go to Schulich or Queens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NoToRiouSDIP NoToRiouSDIP

@jelly wrote
Why would you do BMOS though? If you wanted a 4 year business program, why not just go to Schulich or Queens?

+1 for mentioning Queens
-100000 for saying schulich
Was this helpful? Yes 0