yconic - WESTERN APPLICANTS !
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WESTERN APPLICANTS !

A photo of caiddle44 caiddle44
I'm a little worried. I applied to Guelph, Ryerson and Western for Social Science.. but I'm still waiting to hear back from Western and it's my #1 choice!
I had a 87% average first semester, with an 88% in English.. but my overall gr.11 average was only a 79% with only a 71% in English.. is this affecting my chances of getting accepted? Is there still hope?
My friend got accepted 2 days ago and she only has an 84% average with about the same average as me for gr.11.. how is that possible? She thought it might have something to do with her native status..
Any Advice?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
You won't get rejected from any university based on your grade 11 marks. You might wait longer to get accepted, but that's it.

As for why your friend got in before you, I really don't know. But don't worry, you WILL get in eventually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@awaysheflew wrote
You won't get rejected from any university based on your grade 11 marks. You might wait longer to get accepted, but that's it.

As for why your friend got in before you, I really don't know. But don't worry, you WILL get in eventually.

This.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JulianA JulianA
Uh im such a idiot i accidently put my own address under the 'next to kin' address on my ivey application. I edited it but perhaps they noticed it already. Do you think it will make a big difference in my chances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented

@caiddle44 wrote
She thought it might have something to do with her native status..
Any Advice?!

Probably has to do with her native status - I know a girl who has a native card (she isn't really native... her great grandpa was half or something) and got into Western with an average under 80.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stack444 stack444

@caiddle44 wrote
I'm a little worried. I applied to Guelph, Ryerson and Western for Social Science.. but I'm still waiting to hear back from Western and it's my #1 choice!
I had a 87% average first semester, with an 88% in English.. but my overall gr.11 average was only a 79% with only a 71% in English.. is this affecting my chances of getting accepted? Is there still hope?
My friend got accepted 2 days ago and she only has an 84% average with about the same average as me for gr.11.. how is that possible? She thought it might have something to do with her native status..
Any Advice?!

you are just going to have to wait until second round of admission. you'll get an acceptance around may 1. and they usually send out acceptances on fridays. trust me, youre grade 11 marks will not be considered. dont let you're average drop too much and you'll be fine. what are your second semester courses? they may be waiting to see how you do in one of those important courses (calc or functions i suspect) before sending out an offer
Was this helpful? Yes 0