yconic - Western Bachelor of Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Bachelor of Science

A photo of iCobra iCobra
I checked my student site and it said under my academics "Faculty of Science. Bachelor of Science (3 years)" Why is it 3 years and not 4 year? Also I can apply to BioMed at the end of 1st year if I have an over 80 average right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@iCobra wrote
I checked my student site and it said under my academics "Faculty of Science. Bachelor of Science (3 years)" Why is it 3 years and not 4 year? Also I can apply to BioMed at the end of 1st year if I have an over 80 average right?

It says 3 years instead of 4 because your technically not enrolled in a 4 year program yet. When you do your 'intent to register' at the end of first year it will be updated. Don't worry it doesn't affect anything.

Yes you can apply to one of the medical sciences at the end of first year regardless of your average - but you probably won't get in unless you have ~78% MINIMUM. Also if you don't get in at the end of first year you can try again at the end of second year, but it will be tougher to get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of choobmana choobmana
Has anyone got to apply for OSAP?
whenever i search anything it says that
No match was found for the keywords that you entered. Click on "NEW SEARCH" to try again.
Ive tried science medical biology
but nothing seems to work
i cant even find one program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@choobmana wrote
Has anyone got to apply for OSAP?
whenever i search anything it says that
No match was found for the keywords that you entered. Click on "NEW SEARCH" to try again.
Ive tried science medical biology
but nothing seems to work
i cant even find one program

Go here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-University-of-Western-Ontario-Class-of-2015-page/211133638909768

Then go to the discussions tab and ask people there, they'll be able to help you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0