yconic - Western BioMed, Queen's Science, McMaster Life Sci, or Queen's Biomedical Computing?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western BioMed, Queen's Science, McMaster Life Sci, or Queen's Biomedical Computing?

A photo of kema kema
Hey guys, as you can tell from the title of my thread, I am having trouble deciding about which program to accept. I've heard mixed reviews about western, queen's and mac so I'm still undecided in terms of the first three programs. The only reason why I listed the 4th program (Biomedical Computing at Queen's) was that I heard that it would give me an edge if i decided to pursue medical school. Apparently people from the Biomedical computing program have a higher chance than people who go into life sciences programs due to the fact that they graduate with a different bachelor's degree (i.e. Everyone has a Bachelor of Science, they have Bachelor of Computing) and would stand out as a med school applicant.

What do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@kema wrote
Hey guys, as you can tell from the title of my thread, I am having trouble deciding about which program to accept. I've heard mixed reviews about western, queen's and mac so I'm still undecided in terms of the first three programs. The only reason why I listed the 4th program (Biomedical Computing at Queen's) was that I heard that it would give me an edge if i decided to pursue medical school. Apparently people from the Biomedical computing program have a higher chance than people who go into life sciences programs due to the fact that they graduate with a different bachelor's degree (i.e. Everyone has a Bachelor of Science, they have Bachelor of Computing) and would stand out as a med school applicant.

What do you guys think?

Your getting pretty much the exact same education from Western, McMaster, and Queens so just decide which ones you like the 'feel' of better. Also on biomedical computing giving you an extra edge for medical school... that's a load of bullshit. Your undergraduate degree doesn't matter as long as you have a good GPA/MCAT score.
Was this helpful? Yes 0