yconic - Western biomed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western biomed

A photo of londonmarina londonmarina
Hey guys I really want to get into westerns biomed program, do you think i can get in with these marks?

english 4u: 84
science 4m: 85
sociology 4m: 90

and then these midterms:
chem 4u :81 (and its gone up since)
Data 4u: 92
law 4u: 90

I currently have a 68 in advanced functions but I am retaking it next semester.
Next semester I'm also taking bio, earth and space and philosophy.

and I plan on taking calculus in summer school for a background
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I would say so. If you can keep your top six average above 86%, you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Probably (by probbaly I mean I'm 70% sure you'll get in with those marks).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BioMEDICAL BioMEDICAL
With an 87% (or perhaps higher) final average, you'll get into bio-med for sure, as well as receive an entrance scholarship. The cutoff this year was 85.5%, and i don't see it fluctuating much.

If you're really worried about being too close to the cutoff, apply for science instead, which has a cutoff in the low 80's, and take the bio-med first year courses, which will be available to you. You can do this because, as you may know, you don't declare your program until second year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Another GIRL wanting to do biomed, eh? You should get in no problem. Western's entrance average is 81.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of larissa42 larissa42
westerns entrance average isn't an 81, don't believe it when they say "low 80s" on their admissions cutoff, its actually much more competitive then that. look at this website for all the ontario unis and click on admissions to see the percentage of students and their averages who get in to each program, updated every year :)

http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo.aspx
Was this helpful? Yes 0