yconic - Western Biomed?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Biomed?

A photo of cascholarships32 cascholarships32
Hey guys, so I was just wondering about grades needed for western biomed early acceptance...I've literally been logging in to student center every 4 hours in anxiety...and I fear that I have not made the cut.

My average is around 92-93. If you got in to biomed at western so far, what were your averages like?

I just want to know if I had not made the cutoff or there has been a mistake?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
I actually got an email from Western like a general one they send outt to people i assume and it says they have 3 waves of offers...the first one being in January, the second being early-mid March, and third being early-Mid May. so if u didnt get the jan offer yet you still have a shot at the ones coming up soon this month or may! and with that average u have youve got a really good shot at it so dont worry! alot of my friends from last year had high 80 averages and got their acceptances durign May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KoalasMarch KoalasMarch
I wouldn't worry, I got in last week with a 92. The conditional only requires you to keep an 84% so just give it some time.

As an aside, did anyone else go to the open house today? I feel like making a decision is going to be rather excruciating >.>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@cascholarships32 wrote
Hey guys, so I was just wondering about grades needed for western biomed early acceptance...I've literally been logging in to student center every 4 hours in anxiety...and I fear that I have not made the cut.

My average is around 92-93. If you got in to biomed at western so far, what were your averages like?

I just want to know if I had not made the cutoff or there has been a mistake?

Patience is all you need from now till May. Last year cut off was 85.5 so.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashu8d ashu8d
I got in four days after submitting my marks as an out of province student
I had an average of 94.75%
I don't think you'll have a problem, I lived in London until just this year and people said it's really not that bad
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ltp2k3 ltp2k3

@KoalasMarch wrote
I wouldn't worry, I got in last week with a 92. The conditional only requires you to keep an 84% so just give it some time.

As an aside, did anyone else go to the open house today? I feel like making a decision is going to be rather excruciating >.>

We went to Western open house (very impressive) and Mac open house today (very disappointed). Ironically, my daughter chose Mac HSci as first choice and UWO Biomed as her 4th choice. But right now she just did a 360 with her initial choices. I know that we don't hear about HSci till May, but funny enough, she might turn it down if she gets it. We plan to go to UofT on Friday so things may change for her again after that
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ozinator Ozinator

@ltp2k3 wrote

We went to Western open house (very impressive) and Mac open house today (very disappointed). Ironically, my daughter chose Mac HSci as first choice and UWO Biomed as her 4th choice. But right now she just did a 360 with her initial choices. I know that we don't hear about HSci till May, but funny enough, she might turn it down if she gets it. We plan to go to UofT on Friday so things may change for her again after that

Haha Same here. I wanted to do HSci at Mac, but when i compared the two campus's. McMaster didnt even compare. Western is where i can see myself for the next four years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ltp2k3 ltp2k3

@Ozinator wrote

@ltp2k3 wrote

Haha Same here. I wanted to do HSci at Mac, but when i compared the two campus's. McMaster didnt even compare. Western is where i can see myself for the next four years.

Did you apply for the Scholar's Electives? The program looks interesting and my daughter could see she fits well with that. She was kind of regret that if she had UWO as her 1st choice in the first place, she would have tried to apply for their National Scholarships. We saw some Gr 11 kids & parents attending these open houses. I think it was fantastic idea to prepare ahead. If my daughter attended last year open houses, she would have made a more proper choices at the beginning I suppose
Was this helpful? Yes 0