yconic - Western biomed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western biomed

A photo of avp avp
Hey guys!
anyone got accepted to western biomed yet?
If so, may I know the average that you gotta maintain...
That will make me set a goal in terms of overall avg..thx
ritenow im sitting at a 88%
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Students with marks such as 87-88% have been accepted to Western Bio Med, however there are students, myself including, with averages between 90 and 94 that have not heard back yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of despairless despairless
I agree with Chelsea...Western is really weird this year. I've also heard majority of the acceptances come in May so I wouldn't stress over it too much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kar94 kar94
Hi

My average from first semester grade 12 was 87.5

After mid terms... my chem mark is an 87 and my english mark an 80% (up or down 2% range)

Are my chances high of getting in? Please reply
Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@kar94 wrote
Hi

After mid terms... my chem mark is an 87 and my english mark an 80% (up or down 2% range)

Thank you

What were your specific marks in advanced functions, english, two of bio/chem/phys/earth&space/data and your other highest marks. it'll be easier to judge with that info.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheZealot TheZealot
I got accepted a week or two after I applied. My grade 11 avg was around a 95 and my grade 12 was a 92, 95 without english though. You need a 84% avg in gr12 to keep your acceptance for biomed. I heard western biomed bases early acceptance based purely on gr11 marks and not grade 12 from the people working at admissions there this year and that you needed a mid 90 avg to be accepted at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kar94 kar94

@Anonymous wrote

@kar94 wrote
Hi

Thank you

What were your specific marks in advanced functions, english, two of bio/chem/phys/earth&space/data and your other highest marks. it'll be easier to judge with that info.

These are my marks now, 90 in space, 88 in advanced fns, 87 in chem, 87 in bio, 85 in physics and 79 in english
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wtsmb wtsmb
Don't be stressed as I heard another wave of offers are coming out in May.

Mac and Western are weird this year IMO...I know some ppl that haven't been accepted into life-sci/biomed with higher avgs than mine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of despairless despairless
The cutoff for Biomed was 85.5% last year. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit higher this year considering how many people applied...probably around an 86-87%. If you have around that, I wouldn't stress and just wait patiently until May 13th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0