yconic - Western Biomed/Sci/Kin & Waterloo Kin
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western Biomed/Sci/Kin & Waterloo Kin

A photo of songs songs
I got accepted into Western Biomed, Science and Kinesiology programs.
As well, Waterloo offered me kinesiology with honors co-op.

The only thing stopping me from going to Western is the co-op in Waterloo. I'm iffy with my financial status and I think that co-op could benefit.

On the other hand, I've heard great things about Western, and if it were empirically regular programs, I would probably go there.

Program-wise, all offers interest to me.

I just wanted to know anybody else's opinions on any of these four programs. Absolutely anything helps, just want some extra info.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@songs wrote
I got accepted into Western Biomed, Science and Kinesiology programs.
As well, Waterloo offered me kinesiology with honors co-op.

The only thing stopping me from going to Western is the co-op in Waterloo. I'm iffy with my financial status and I think that co-op could benefit.

On the other hand, I've heard great things about Western, and if it were empirically regular programs, I would probably go there.

Program-wise, all offers interest to me.

I just wanted to know anybody else's opinions on any of these four programs. Absolutely anything helps, just want some extra info.

My friend's sister did co-op at Waterloo. She made real good money graduated with no student loan. Her goal was to go to med school but unfortunately due to her co op , she couldn't focus on her MCAT. Everybody is different . I guess it depends on what your plans are with your undergrad degree. She is now doing pretty well because of her co-op.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of songs songs
Did your friend's sister do Life sci or kine? Co-op sounds too good of an opportunity to give up. Is it possible/common for kine students to go to med school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@songs wrote
Did your friend's sister do Life sci or kine? Co-op sounds too good of an opportunity to give up. Is it possible/common for kine students to go to med school?

she did life science and yes absolutely kine students too can go to med school; just make sure you have taken the required courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of songs songs
Ok thanks, I will take that into consideration. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecobra9 thecobra9
What was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of songs songs

@thecobra9 wrote
What was your average?

86.5 without calc yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
Congrats on getting in! yea i applied to both kine programs also still haven't gotten in :(. I heard waterloo co-op is sweet because it cuts your student debt by a lot. I guess they're both kinda of the same but waterloo offers co-op and western offers parties ahah.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mfrancis19 mfrancis19
Still haven't gotten into Western Kine/Life Sci with a 87.5% avg :(
Top 6 Average should be about 89%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of jharper123 jharper123
All are good, Waterloo coop is great. Consider other factors, financial, your learning potential,etc. Going to med school, GPA >3.8 and MCAT >9 required, plus Volunteer,Research, Leadership, (In general, that means university average > 85 and grade 12 average > 95). I pick the coop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
My exercise science teacher went to waterloo kin. What he said was that waterloo seemed to put more emphasis on the science/math of the degree rather than other schools. He also chose because of the co-op...which he got some places as a physed teacher...he wanted to become a doctor but he didn't have the marks for it. But he said he was a rlly good student in high school.

I don't wanna scare anyone...but he said if he were to choose again he wouldn't go to waterloo.

all the programs you applied to are great...look at first year courses...and residence life and other factors.
Was this helpful? Yes 0