yconic - Western BMOS to IVEY without AEO
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western BMOS to IVEY without AEO

A photo of BenWillcox BenWillcox
How difficult is it? on the site they said applicants without AEO apply to Ivey with an 80% av and extracurriculars..but you have to maintain those stats with AEO anyways. I'm just wondering if i don't get AEO if its worth the risk of going for BMOS with the hopes of getting into ivey through acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'd say it's not worth it. Even with the AEO status...You're going to worry about your marks for the next 2 yrs & it will probably be very stressful. And if you don't get accepted to IVEY in the end, you'd end up being stuck in a crappy program..maybe not crappy but there's better ones out there. Western's not worth it without acceptance to IVEY.. it's too risky. And you don't need to spend 20k a year on a undergrad program if you're going for mba or something afterwards
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BigBMan BigBMan

@BenWillcox wrote
How difficult is it? on the site they said applicants without AEO apply to Ivey with an 80% av and extracurriculars..but you have to maintain those stats with AEO anyways. I'm just wondering if i don't get AEO if its worth the risk of going for BMOS with the hopes of getting into ivey through acceptance.

The requirements seem the same for AEO and Non-AEOs but remember that AEOs just have to maintain an 80, and have some EC's, while Non-AEOs are put in the pool with all other applicants and the acceptance is competitive. So you are not guaranteed acceptance with just an 80 and some EC's as a Non-AEO Western student.

That being said, if you stay on top of your work, it is not that difficult to get a high average in your first two years. And it's fairly easy to get involved as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illuminati illuminati
No, it's not the kind of risk I would like to take. You shouldn't even be debating on how easy/difficult it is, because university life itself is difficult wherever you go. If I were you I'd rather study at a program where I know I'm guaranteed to get four years of solid educational experience and would offer me great career placements after graduation...and if I'm fortune enough to get solid marks, I'll worry about Ivey when the time comes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of susanwu22 susanwu22
I am pursuing the same career path as you, and my preference is the Waterloo program, it offers co-op, so at the end of the 5-year program you already have 16 months of work experience, plus a masters degree, granted the material will be a lot tougher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0